Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seat Tarraco XCELLENCE LUX 190 TDI 4-DRIVE AUTO, '19 plate'

I prefer the front headrests to be fully down, level with the top of the seat backrests. I managed (don't know how) to get the driver's headrest all the way down, but could not do the same with the passenger side. When a Seat mechanic tried to help me, he raised the driver's headrest back up to the normal position to see how it worked, and now it won't go back down again! I have followed the instructions in the manual and looked/felt for the 'latch' in the seat back, without success. Is anyone able to advise me how to accomplish moving the front headrests all the way down? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
447 Posts
there should be a little push tab in one of the black plastic collars that sit on the seat and let the headrest post slide through.

Don't quote me though as I have never adjusted it myself, but this has been the VW way for years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SOLVED!: No, there is no tab, the Tarraco manual is correct, and I have managed at long last after considerable trial and error to lower the headrests to be level with the tops of the seats. About 8cm down from the top of the rear of the front seats, on the centre line, is located a hidden latch (rabbett) or button inside the upholstery. It is difficult to find, but when pressed firmly a small 'click' is heard, and the headrest can then be fully depressed or even pulled up to remove. There is no real information online, but there is a short YouTube video for the Seat Ateca at
which seems to be identical to the Tarraco seats, and which proved to be invaluable to me. Hope this helps others in the same situation.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Good find Alan
I'm sure the middle row is what vib said as when I picked up the car they were at full height and pushed them down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.