Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all looking at getting a fr sport 2.0tdi dsg.just wondered if anyone has towed a caravan with the 150psi diesel without 4wd.my current car is a Mercedes glc 220d which has 4wd but I'm lucky to get 36mpg when solo and 22mpg when towing.i tow about 1000miles a year so I'm thinking it's a expensive adon.i know the fr sport dsg diesel is about 37k and the awd 200tdi is just over 40k which makes it an even more expensive choice when you add up mpg and the extra 325 a year road tax.
Any help from people who tow with these 2 models would be great.
150tdi dsg 2wd v 200tdi dsg 4wd.

·
Registered
323 Posts
What weight is you caravan.
I tow with the 2l petrol DSG and plenty of power there.
My caravan is 1500 kg

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Learoy.

I have the 2.0 TDI 190 PS 4 Drive with an auto box and tow a Coachman van with a MTPLM of 1630KG.
I have never had any concerns with the cars towing ability. I usually pitch up on CL sites, which are nearly always grassed and have never had a problem getting on or off the pitches.
I do use the sport mode when towing in built up areas just for that bit more of a sharper start.
On motorways/dual carriageways I set the cruise at about 56 mph which seems to be about right for stability.
Despite being a Scotsman, I dont check my MPG as having the right towcar is more important than cost of towing, which to be fair doesn't add that much to my annual fuel costs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sparky13 said:
What weight is you caravan.
I tow with the 2l petrol DSG and plenty of power there.
My caravan is 1500 kg
1550kg loaded just don't want too pay the over 40k road tax if I go for the 200ps tarraco.looking to see if anyone has the front wheel drive version and tows

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not really the mpg that bothers me that much as I guess my merc will be worse.its paying the government the extra £325 a year road tax for the first 5 years.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mines a bailey unicorn vigo with 50kg uploaded plated mtplm1500kg upped to 1546kg.strange that all they do is change the weights sticker on the side to do this.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It really annoys me that the 40k band has not been risen since 2017.
Lots more cars are going over the 40k bracket now and wouldn't in 2017

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sparky13 said:
It really annoys me that the 40k band has not been risen since 2017.
Lots more cars are going over the 40k bracket now and wouldn't in 2017
I'm glad it's not just me.i almost purchased a excellence lux 190 20 plate for 26k because I don't want to pay the 40k+ tax but I want a new car

·
Registered
323 Posts
Looking at the torque on the 150 bhp it's 250 pound which is slightly higher than my petrol at 236.
So I don't think you will have any trouble pulling your van.
But it's always nice to have a bit more.
You could also get a plug and go remap like vib did on his petrol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.