Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - anyone got a solution to this one - the fuel filler flap won't open, and despite multiple locking and unlocking it won't budge - will soon be stuck on empty and don't really want to have to prise it open with a key or something.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I also had this problem.

I gently pushed on the opening edge of the filler cap cover and using my finger ends was able to open the flap. It took a couple of goes but I did it in the end.

I then sprayed the locking mechanism with a silicone based spray, but I guess any lubricant like WD40 or 3 in 1 will do the same job.

Good luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ditto with the fuel cap on strike. According to a petrol station attendant, she had seen it multiple times before on VAG cars. I had mine replaced under warranty within about six months of purchase, said replacement has not given me any issues in the last 12 months (40k km travelled so many refills). I wouldn't have any qualms about getting warranty replacement for any slight issues (the car costs enough and that is what the warranty is for).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.