Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am only averaging 28mpg in my 2ltr 190 break auto. I'm not heavy with the right foot. Is anyone aware of any potential engine issue's I should be aware of?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I am only averaging 28mpg in my 2ltr 190 break auto. I'm not heavy with the right foot. Is anyone aware of any potential engine issue's I should be aware of?
That is quite good mileage, I am averaging 24mpg in my 1.5TSi manual when only city driving.

Nothing wrong with the engine, petrol engines are just thirsty in urban conditions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i've got a 1.5TSI in auto and average around 25/26 MPG in urban conditions. a lot of start and stop as well.

·
Registered
447 Posts
my 2.0TSI, I get around 23-25mpg around town stop start. Get 38mpg cruising down the A40 at 40mph. Motorway at 70mph with cruise on, get around 37mpg. Had the car for 2years now and done 12k miles.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My 2.0 190 PS 4 Drive averages 27 around town. Cruising on the motorway and I get 48 mpg on average.
So your MPG is probably about right for urban driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Vince, getting similar readings but i am not light on the throttle pedal. I would not recommend running on eco mode as i tried it once to see what the fuel economy would be and had little or no throttle response when i wanted to pull away sharpish.
2.0 TSI 4 Drive two years old 14,000 miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts