Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any issues in getting parts fitted by main dealers? I have purchased genuine mudflaps for my Tarraco and the dealer is saying that as not purchased from them they are unwilling to fit them. I am also looking at getting side steps, but if they will no fit, it is not worth the hassle. I am disabled so I have no option other than to get them to fit the items. I have touse genuine parts as it is a Motability car so on a lease. I am thinking I may stick at just the mudflaps as I am sure I can locate someone to fit those for me. The mudflaps were half price from SEAT dealer on eBay.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Pietre said:
Has anyone had any issues in getting parts fitted by main dealers? I have purchased genuine mudflaps for my Tarraco and the dealer is saying that as not purchased from them they are unwilling to fit them. I am also looking at getting side steps, but if they will no fit, it is not worth the hassle. I am disabled so I have no option other than to get them to fit the items. I have touse genuine parts as it is a Motability car so on a lease. I am thinking I may stick at just the mudflaps as I am sure I can locate someone to fit those for me. The mudflaps were half price from SEAT dealer on eBay.
It depends on the dealer. The one I bought the car from is happy to do it, although they did a shoddy job the two times I asked so I have stopped using them.

The one I service the car in doesn't want to know. Fair enough.

I would use a good VW independent, although most accessories you could try and fit yourself.

It is time consuming but as it is your car you would pay much more attention than the fresh out of college dealer "trained technicians".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.