Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just about to sign for a new Tarraco having spent the last 5 years in a Volvo XC60. To be honest if I could afford a new XC60 I wouldn't want to change. So after a long and exhausting trawl though what would work for us I narrowed it down to two, and then finally to a Tarraco. Our requirements are complicated, my wife is disabled and I have a few difficulties of my own. Her key requirements is heated seats for a back problem and sufficient space to handle her power chair in the back. I must admit the standard of sales persons in dealers these days seems to fallen off the a cliff, mostly disinterested and unhelpful but that for another post.

We have been advised to buy an Xcellence and add the leather seating pack. The salesman tells us that this includes the power drivers seat and heated seats. This would make it a factory order so we decided to add a sunroof too. I have now been told by another dealer that the leather upgrade does not include a power drivers seat, and its is just a manual one, but they weren't certain about the heated seats. I am now very concerned that it also does not include the heated seats either. The not so helpful salesman insists it does but I somehow don't believe him. Can anyone shed some light please before I put my signature on the dotted line?

Regards

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi.

I agree about the quality of a lot of sales staff we have to put up with. I researched my spec before I went to the garage and the sales guy hadnt a clue except for the basic information that anyone could get from a motoring magazine.
My only input is if your budget runs to it, why not look at the Xcellence Lux which has heated leather seats and the drivers seat has memory positions for a couple of users.
I dont know where you live in NE England but a quick search on the Seat site shows several ex demo Tarracos in NE England with low mileage, some weeks old with the Lux spec. The pano roof is great, but I wouldnt make it a deal breaker, but thats just my opinion.

Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you are going motability lease and diesel you will only get the Excellence spec model which does not have heated seats or sunroof but the cloth seats are ok in my opinion. its a good car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the 2.0 TDI 190PS Xcellence Lux 4 Drive which came with Leather seats, Power drivers seat and heating on front seats and 2 back seats. It's about the only differnece from the Xcellence as far as I remember. Picked mine uo within two weeks as didn't require factory order, I didn't want pano roof....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mac1942 said:
If you are going motability lease and diesel you will only get the Excellence spec model which does not have heated seats or sunroof but the cloth seats are ok in my opinion. its a good car.
It looks like your hands will be tied on this one.

You could try an email to Seat UK, or maybe ring a couple of other dealerships and ask them?
The other consideration would be delivery time. The spec you want may be available somewhere against a delay for a custom build.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Everyone

just had a phone call from my useless salesperson telling me that TDI's are not being produced with the exception of the 150 Manual only. TSI's will only be available for the foreseeable future. All TDI engines are being diverted to the new Alteca and Cupra ranges. Checking on Seat website configuration pages seem to bear this out. Looks like it might be going back to look at other cars again....grrrrr

·
Registered
107 Posts
I couldn't handle dealing with a car dealership, so I bought mine from a broker.

Even the email correspondence with the dealership (after the order was placed with the broker) was a bit too much. I thought the sales person was a recent school leaver because of his lack of email etiquette.

He wasn't a recent school leaver.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Xcellence with Leather does not have powered Or heated seat, go for Xcellence Lux you get the heated seats in leather front and back, powered drivers seat, heated washer jets , all round cameras and 20 inch alloys.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure where in NE you are but Arnold Clark in Newcastle have the Xcellence Lux model in Silver with delivery mileage for £27.5k. I almost bought it after test driving but prefer the car in white so walked away and am due to pick up this week. I actually don't mind the silver on this car, it still has a lot of appeal but was adamant in what I wanted. Hope you get sorted anyway...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately the lack of TDI's is forcing a rethink, the XLux would certainly be the right choice but I can't afford the extra lease payments unfortunately. The 1.5 TSI I have driven feels underpowered and the 20" wheels seem to have a lot of road noise and a bumpy ride. The economy on a 2.0 TSI 190 is not good so going to have to go out and trawl the markets again for anything that might work for us.

Tried Tiguan Allspace, and Kodiaq, neither of which the other half liked. Peugeot 5008 has everything but a seat that works for my wife's disabilities. Going to look at an Alhambra again later today, which works, but is very long in the tooth. The lease company I use only deals with new cars so demonstrators are out too. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Iv got the 2 L TSI and for a big car I'm getting on Average 38 MPG which I think if quite good.
On a motorway run keeping to 70 I can get 41 MPH

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have 2.0 TDI xcellence. I really didn't want the 20inch rims. It was far too hard of a ride. I believe there is peer reviewed evidence of this in a song by Tyga called Rack city.

Jokes aside I wouldn't even bother with a 1.5 TSI. This is my own subjective opinion.

You should either go 2.0 TDI or 2.0 TSI. It is a big car. I get marginally better MPG with my TDI compared with a TSI but the torque of a diesel is something I really wanted. I don't like the way my hand smells after I fill up diesel and now I have to make a conscious effort to say fuel and diesel instead of petrol. But that's just me.

I think if your heart is set on a diesel, then wait, or use a broker and see what's up.

If you don't mind a 2.0 TSI then this is the next best thing. I didn't think it was worth spending extra for X lux, unless I had the option of changing alloys, which I didn't.

I also have the manual 2WD which is kinder on fuel economy.

Hope this helps, otherwise throw it into the mix and see what happens!! :twisted: :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes we did but the seating position for my wife doesn't work and its not big enough for the power chair. We are back to a choice between the Alhambra/Sharan/Galaxy, Ford Tourneo, or Eclipse PHEV. None of these set our collective sole on fire, so maybe we just opt for a petrol Tarraco instead, which we both love.

We are both fed up of wandering around unhelpful dealers. What has happened to salespeople in the last 5 years?

·
Registered
202 Posts
C2clo said:
Yes we did but the seating position for my wife doesn't work and its not big enough for the power chair. We are back to a choice between the Alhambra/Sharan/Galaxy, Ford Tourneo, or Eclipse PHEV. None of these set our collective sole on fire, so maybe we just opt for a petrol Tarraco instead, which we both love.

We are both fed up of wandering around unhelpful dealers. What has happened to salespeople in the last 5 years?
I am with you on the salespeople view. I ran Land Rover vehicles for many years, Discoveries, Freelanders etc and even looked at the Disco Sport before going with the Tarraco.

JLR salespeople were always the exception to the rule as far as product knowledge was concerned. They always knew their vehicle range, the options available, colours and delivery times. But I guess the cost of that knowledge training was reflected in the over priced vehicles they sold. (its a shame they didnt invest more in vehicle reliability).

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a Discovery Sport before my Tarraco. When the Disco was just over three years old it developed the very disconcerting habit of just stopping dead and not starting again. Returning home on the back of a tow truck became a habit. After four visits to dealers, they finally decided the Disco needed a new fuel pump. Supply and fit of the fuel pump cost £2,600. I lost all confidence in the car and traded it in for the Tarraco.

(I tow a caravan. Imagine I'm on a smart motorway towing the 'van with the Disco Sport and it stops dead and there is a 38 ton truck behind me! See why I lost confidence.............!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well thank you everybody for all the help and advice, you are way, way more helpful than salespersons. Thank goodness the decision has finally been made and we will be going to be proud owners of a Tarraco 2.0TSI 190 Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Oryx White. Changed dealers which helped a little (I think their sales numbers must be hurting). Quoted delivery 14 weeks, give or take a week as it has to be a factory build as my other half wants a sunroof as she thinks the car is very dark inside.

Unfortunately my leasing company, who I have been with for over 20 years will not accept anything other than a factory build so its going to be a long wait.

I had a drive of a TSI today and was surprised by the quality of the drive, I have had diesels for nearly 30 years, hence the comments earlier about TDI's.

Thanks once again :D
Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad to hear you got sorted Chris. Not sure where you are in NE but I've been driving mine about for a week now. I am yet to see one other Tarraco which is nice! Kind of feels a bit unique for the time being but mine is also white so we may well cross paths at some point :lol: .

I ended up driving to a garage in York for mine , service was dreadful. So bad that they ended up reducing the figures on the finance as it had been that much of a chaotic experience!

Anyway, hope the 14 weeks flies by for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Holta89, if you are ever in Teesside in 14 or so weeks time we might need to meet up for a photo. I have seen one so far on the road. How are you enjoying it so far?
I am not at all looking forward to working with the dealer, who fills me full of anything other than confidence. The last 5 years with Volvo had been an experience, sales brilliant, service not so.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.