Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My last two Leon's were fantastic, better than some of the Mercedes or BMW's I had. Apart from a rear seat bracket failure on a Leon estate, no issues at all. Indeed the Leon even withstood a rear impact from a delivery truck that pushed the car 100 ft down the road - the only damage was the hatchback door!

Now I have a 69 plate auto lux 190 one of the best cars I have ever driven. However, so many random electrical problems:

infotainment freezing
windows randomly drop down when parked
randomly find the car unlocked
The main drivers display blanks
Lane assist decides not to work
Near side proximity sensor decided to sound continuously one day
Randomly loses the date and time and the radio stations

Before Christmas the adblue sensor developed a fault
Now in the morning when I press the start button, I has a long think before it decides to start
And to be consistent when I stop and put it in park, the engine runs, sometimes if I open the drivers door the engine stops, sometimes not
The under boot kick open function does not work

And joy of joys, today the air bag warning and the sos emergency call function waring appeared today

I keeps on going back to the dealers who can see the issues, find the occasional error code and keep on applying software updates but we just move from issues to issue.

Anybody had any joy resolving these issues and stopping them reoccurring ?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi,
My last two Leon's were fantastic, better than some of the Mercedes or BMW's I had. Apart from a rear seat bracket failure on a Leon estate, no issues at all. Indeed the Leon even withstood a rear impact from a delivery truck that pushed the car 100 ft down the road - the only damage was the hatchback door!

Now I have a 69 plate auto lux 190 one of the best cars I have ever driven. However, so many random electrical problems:

infotainment freezing
windows randomly drop down when parked
randomly find the car unlocked
The main drivers display blanks
Lane assist decides not to work
Near side proximity sensor decided to sound continuously one day
Randomly loses the date and time and the radio stations

Before Christmas the adblue sensor developed a fault
Now in the morning when I press the start button, I has a long think before it decides to start
And to be consistent when I stop and put it in park, the engine runs, sometimes if I open the drivers door the engine stops, sometimes not
The under boot kick open function does not work

And joy of joys, today the air bag warning and the sos emergency call function waring appeared today

I keeps on going back to the dealers who can see the issues, find the occasional error code and keep on applying software updates but we just move from issues to issue.

Anybody had any joy resolving these issues and stopping them reoccurring ?
Welcome to the Friday afternoon build club.

I have detailed my woes in a number of posts here. As you say, great to drive but (as in my case) QC lacking, badly.

If I hadn't bought it for a steal at the start of the pandemic (Approved Used) I would have replaced it already but with prices (and the market by extension) being what they are I am quietly suffering (I am on a first name basis with all the stealer advisors).

Had I paid full whack on a PCP I would be properly miffed but I bought outright and have some equity in it still, so when the market normalises I will make my move.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Mine was supplied as part of the Motability scheme and can't think of that better fitted my needs - big doors front and rear and high seats enabling easy access,

But in two years I had only covered 10k miles because it was in the garage so often, All the hire cars provided (Peugeots, Citrones, etc) have not been anywhere near as suitable.

Today the RAC came visited, ran diagnostics and found a lose sensor under the passenger seat and managed to fiddle it to work.

The trouble is after 6 years of fault free driving in Leon's I have lost all faith in the reliability of the Tarraco. The problem is the lease expires at Christmas so I have to find a replacement - risk another Tarraco (if I can order one) or find an alternative large SUV

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

Mine was supplied as part of the Motability scheme and can't think of that better fitted my needs - big doors front and rear and high seats enabling easy access,

But in two years I had only covered 10k miles because it was in the garage so often, All the hire cars provided (Peugeots, Citrones, etc) have not been anywhere near as suitable.

Today the RAC came visited, ran diagnostics and found a lose sensor under the passenger seat and managed to fiddle it to work.

The trouble is after 6 years of fault free driving in Leon's I have lost all faith in the reliability of the Tarraco. The problem is the lease expires at Christmas so I have to find a replacement - risk another Tarraco (if I can order one) or find an alternative large SUV
The Tiguan AllSpace is the same car and from what I understand VW is considered a more "premium" brand in the VAG group. Alternatively the Kodiaq. Audi Q5 is smaller so you will need to go for the Q7 (bigger) which constitutes a serious outlay.

To get the same amount of space/equipment/handling etc outside the VAG group you will need to go to the other premium German brands, I am not a fan of the French equivalent models.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Tiguan AllSpace is the same car and from what I understand VW is considered a more "premium" brand in the VAG group. Alternatively the Kodiaq. Audi Q5 is smaller so you will need to go for the Q7 (bigger) which constitutes a serious outlay.

To get the same amount of space/equipment/handling etc outside the VAG group you will need to go to the other premium German brands, I am not a fan of the French equivalent models.
Having had most of the competing brands as courtesy cars, you are right in that despite the hype around them the Peugeot and Citroens are pretty awful. The All Space is quite expensive and the Q7 at a price where even though they aren't so practical more "sporty" cars look a better choice

When it is working, it is a great car and good value compared to VW and Skoda. Just wish they would fix the reliability and increase the boot space by removing that third row of seats

1 - 5 of 5 Posts