Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an issue with my 19 plate Tarraco diesel 190 AWD Xcellence. When pulling away especially when turning the steering wheel I would hear a distinct grumbling and bumping noise from the rear. It gradually got worse and I had to wait a month to get it into the dealership. They couldn't work it out but gave me a hire car while they talked to SEAT to investigate the issue. In the end they had the car a week while waiting for parts and it turned out to be a failure in the Haldex unit which they entirely replaced according to the invoice. Thankfully under warranty but it's a bit concerning for a 2yr old car with 8k miles.

Anyone else had any issues with the AWD system on their car? I imaging the parts are used on any number of VWG cars so hopefully it's just bad luck.

·
Registered
Tarraco 2.0d 190 Xcellence Lus DSG 4x4
7 Posts
My 19 plate Tarraco diesel 190 AWD Xcellence Lus with 24k miles is making same noise when pulling out of a junction, to the right or left. Only bought car 3 days ago from garage. Going into Seat today for tailgate that won't close, so will get them to check Awd and will mention yours.

·
Registered
Tarraco 2.0d 190 Xcellence Lus DSG 4x4
7 Posts
petertheskipper, post: 6461, member: 967"]

[/QUOTE]
Update on noisy rear Halden unit.

Haldex pump had something blocking its internals. Seat removed the pump to check it out. Not sure what the offending item was. They've drained and flushed it. Taken car for a drive to warm up unit. They then flushing and refilling again just to make sure all good. Sorted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts