Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're wondering about buying a 1.5 tsi auto rather than the 2.0 diesel. We have a caravan but it's stored on a site so don't really intend on towing much. Just wondered how people found it. We've seen a new car in a showroom but not sure if Seat will fit towbar & electrics.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I tow with a 2l TSI no problem and very stable.
The 1.5 TSI might be a little underpowered TBH.
What weight is your caravan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's 1200kg, as I said at the moment we don't foresee doing much towing but obviously things can change. Always had manual diesels in the past.

·
Registered
317 Posts
1200 KG should be no problem as the tow states are 2000kg for the 1.5 and the auto is lovely for towing

·
Registered
199 Posts
I can't comment on the towing ability of the engine you are considering, but Seat dealerships can and do fit the approved towing kit if you want it. Its the VW retractable set up. The electrics are dedicated so I wouldn't (personally) get an aftermarket kit fitted. Its not a cheap set up, but perhaps some haggling at the time of purchase will make it worth your while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers, we're looking at the FR sport, there seems to be loads of white ones but not come across any merlot red ones yet. Strange there's not many about.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Merlot red is a fairly new colour only been out for about 6 months.so probably only 3 months after the min of 3 months lead times

1 - 7 of 7 Posts