Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

So I've got my wife's new Tarraco 2.0 TDI dsg xcellence lux coming in a week or so.

Someone on the school run has an early 2019 xcellence lux and I had a look in. The camera quality on top down camera and rear camera was blurry and the virtual boot release pedal was impossible to find. Both of us looked like mad men waving our feet under the rear of the car.

So since 2019, has the Tarraco received any changes to these things and the car in general?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vib1288 said:
The camera is no 4k picture but perfectly usable, I've seen much worse on other cars. Usually if the pics are blurry, the camera lenses are dirty.
I thought the camera was dirty so as I looked for virtual pedal sensor I gave the camera a wipe with my sunglasses cloth but didn't make a difference.

Top view camera was very poor.

Still excited to get the car though. Looking forward to using the Android play and having not to look for wires to charge my phone .

·
Registered
96 Posts
My FR Sport 2021 has very good camera views, the rear is very clear and the top view is more than adequate. On the foot waving boot opening you need to go from left to right then stand back clear of the boot door. It's a safety precaution.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re virtual pedal.
What works for me, every time, is:
Stand in the middle of the car half way along the number plate. I kick my leg directly forward under the rear of the car with no sideways movement. Withdraw leg, indicators flash and tailgate opens. 👍👍

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Conal said:
Did you also wipe the front camera and the cameras under the wing mirrors?
Nope, he may of wanted me to clean the rest of the car!
Lol

Thanks for suggestions and replies.
Lease company contacted me today and said car is on way to dealers from the port so will be any time from 30/6 - 5/7 delivery but will have more accurate details once it gets to the dealer whoever that is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey folks, I've just bought a new Seat Tarraco Style 1.5 TSI DSG on Friday - a super quick decision as this single car appeared for a very good price of 27.5k EUR (the car is yet at the dealer waiting for a pre-sale service) - with ACC, Pre-crash & rolover assist,, blind-spot monitor, rear monitor, park assist, Seat Full Link, Climacoat windshield, Alarm with 5y/100000km warranty for 27.5k EUR.

One question - I noticed, the infotainment panel has physical buttons at the bottom of the screen,as you can see here:

I searched the Internet, but can't find any image of the Tarraco with the same display - have you ever seen this? Or is it some special chip-shortage edition and the reason behind the price? If yes, are there any other things to check that might be different than in the standard model?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Old model had this setup.new updated model after about sept 2020 is full touch screen mib3 infotainment system.touch heating and full coast to coast rear lights.the vehicle with the buttons is old model

·
Registered
9 Posts
the pre-sept 2020 had the manual controls, but if you look closer on the image I posted, this also has another row of manual buttons on the bottom of the screen, but with model year 2021 aircon touch controls.

Compared to the previous model that used to have only two rotating controls on the edges

That's why it seems pretty weird configuration to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update - so nothing wrong on the specs, I see the display without navi & with the buttons on the bottom also on the official Seat photo, e.g.:
. I actually like the physical buttons more so no complains, only I was worried it's some chip-shortage tradeoff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.