Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any issues with headlights whilst on country lanes? On motorway the headlight raise a little when near 70mph to extend beam distance, however on country lanes the lights are far too low on high beam to illuminate the road fully. It is as though they need to raise the lights by around half inch to increase the beam spread?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Have you enabled the High Beam Assist with OBD?

Works very well in the countryside where there are not many light sources (not so well in urban environments with variable lighting).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no access to OBD, and as Motability they get quite funny about playing with anything that may have warranty issues. Is this something I can get workshop to sort? Must admit I had never heard of this option.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have no access to OBD, and as Motability they get quite funny about playing with anything that may have warranty issues. Is this something I can get workshop to sort? Must admit I had never heard of this option.
Motability can't (or SEAT or anyone for that matter) track the changes you make via OBD as it is simply enabling "dormant" albeit available features.

Have a look at the OBDEleven thread, it has all the mods, you will also need an OBDEleven device.

If you are in/close to the West Midlands we can maybe arrange something.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Motability can't (or SEAT or anyone for that matter) track the changes you make via OBD as it is simply enabling "dormant" albeit available features.

Have a look at the OBDEleven thread, it has all the mods, you will also need an OBDEleven device.

If you are in/close to the West Midlands we can maybe arrange something.
Thanks for the help. Unless you are planning a tour of the SouthDowns it looks like I will need to locate someone who can do this. Just to confirm. This will only mean the beams dip automatically, and will not help with the pattern of the lights when on full? On a country lane the beam doesn’t fill enough of the road. Halogen on full do not have the cutoff the LED lights do.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks for the help. Unless you are planning a tour of the SouthDowns it looks like I will need to locate someone who can do this. Just to confirm. This will only mean the beams dip automatically, and will not help with the pattern of the lights when on full? On a country lane the beam doesn’t fill enough of the road. Halogen on full do not have the cutoff the LED lights do.
Indeed with this mod the High Beam will go up/dip automatically, the pattern is not affected, however I have found the LEDs to be very strong and wide in High Beam so it is a strange one.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mine are fantastic and so much better than halogen lamps.
Perhaps the self levelling motor is not working correctly.
With the car off try parking opposite a wall and turn the car on and lights.
You should see the beam go high and then low to self level.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine are fantastic and so much better than halogen lamps.
Perhaps the self levelling motor is not working correctly.
With the car off try parking opposite a wall and turn the car on and lights.
You should see the beam go high and then low to self level.
is Tarraco equipped with LED matrix type lamp?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.