Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm picking up my new Tarraco Xcellence Lux this weekend. 1.5l manual petrol version in black.

When picking up a brand new car, do you test drive it to make sure that the new car you're getting drives alright accepting it or do you just get to give it a once over visual inspection?

It's been 7 years since I bought a brand new car and I can't remember what happened last time!

·
Registered
436 Posts
You can't really test drive it until you sign the paperwork, get your keys and drive off. But if there is something obvious you can always return. For finance you have a 14 day cooling off period and for rejections I'm not sure but you have 30 days for no questions asked. Check Tyre pressure at first garage!

I went to inspect the car as soon at it arrived at the dealer before they registered it so I'm case I didn't like it I could cancel the order and the dealer wouldn't suffer as it's better for them not to register a new car and sell it as new to someone else rather then register and have to sell it a second hand

This is my handover checklist:

• VIN number check
• Long Life Service (20k miles, variable)
• Transport blocks removed
• Fold all seats, recline, slide
• Open and close all windows and sunroof
• Check engine oil
• Coolant level
• Check wipers
• Check SD card, Satnav, ICE
• Check swirl marks, scratches, dents
• Fuel/ad blue
• Tyre pressure
• Key fob, KESSY
• Virtual Pedal
• All lights, indicators
• Owner manual
• Tool kit, puncture kit
• Windscreen wash
• Wheel nut covers / unlocking nut
• Under body protection/damage etc
• Check assistance systems (lane assist, park assist, beepers)
• All three rows floor mats

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and the checklist. That's a great list to have. I purchased using an online comparison site so I'm travelling about 60 miles to pick up the vehicle so it's great having a list to work through to minimise the chance of having to go back and sort out any minor quibbles.

I've not seen any Tarracos out in the wild yet but from what I can see they should get more and more popular as its a good looking car and on paper it has all the features you could want at a very competitive pricepoint.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm picking one up this weekend too! From that checklist are you able to elaborate on some points?

• Key fob, KESSY
• Virtual Pedal

Does it come with an SD card (also, I believe it is meant to have a USB cable?)
What is KESSY?
What is Virtual Pedal?

:)

·
Registered
436 Posts
redvers76 said:
I'm picking one up this weekend too! From that checklist are you able to elaborate on some points?

• Key fob, KESSY
• Virtual Pedal

What is KESSY?
What is Virtual Pedal?

Check that the SatNav SDcard is in the glove box in slot 1, check that it pops up and works, check the infotainment screen that it all works touchscreen and all.

KESSY= keyless entry car should lock by touching the sensors in the driver and passenger side. And unlock by placing the hand behind the handle

Virtual pedal the boot should open if you kick below the bumper if you have the key in hand or pocket. So no physical touch required to open the boot

·
Registered
436 Posts
stellamaris5 said:
redvers76 said:

• Key fob, KESSY
• Virtual Pedal

What is KESSY?
What is Virtual Pedal?

Check that the SatNav SDcard is in the glove box in slot 1, check that it pops up and works, check the infotainment screen that it all works touchscreen and all.

KESSY= keyless entry car should lock by touching the sensors in the driver and passenger side. And unlock by placing the hand behind the handle

Virtual pedal the boot should open if you kick below the bumper if you have the key in hand or pocket. So no physical touch required to open the boot
It will have two SD car slots in glovebox and two usb connections in front of gear stick. They should supply you with a 3 in 1 SEAT branded USB orange cable

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just keep the key in your pocket.
Only if you want to open the windows when approaching the car you will have to use the "open" button.
Hold the button and the windows will open for as long as you press the "open" button.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.