Seat Tarraco Forum banner

Help new owner,

18K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  crumpet 
#1 ·
Morning all,

Need some help, collected the xcellence first edition yesterday, but not the best handover ever, asked about mats and the usb cables the car comes with, told no it don't come with any if they, seat don't even MAKE usb cables or sell them, brouchor says otherwise anyways look around the car mats already Installed , happy days shows dealer book that says it should come with usb cables no bug issue, but sales manager says no, seat sending out after taking to them, so again happy days,

Back to the help I need, sat nav is showing 2016, been told it's now on 2019 update but I need to spend close to 80 for a new card from seat, yeah right, can't update map a as something about map care don't work in UK, so may help on that, also traffic sign recognition don't work and no options for Wi-Fi on menu, so am I missing something or does the system need an update.

Thanks all

#4 ·
SatNAv update - yes you pay or download from VW site and hack the SDCard

TSR- not available on TArraco (can be programmed with ODB11)

Wifi - not available on Tarraco (no harware installed that support this)

These missing features are a SEAT UK decision, they are available in other markets (as the AllSpace has it and its the same car essentially)

#6 ·
that's new so I guess yes it can but I can't see the map for all countries in Europe that VW seem to have. At the bottom is says Mapcare not available in the UK. You need to save the old OVERALL.nds file and save it to the new maps otherwise it will not work

#10 ·
I'm in Ireland. Would have thought that the same standard and plus versions apply to us righthand drive mortals. My SatNav does not use an SD card as the navigation data is stored on the internal hard drive (glove box). Downloaded update from Seat.com, extracted same to my PC hard drive which unzipped to circa 28GB (seems to be all European countries), copied content of this extracted data to a spare SD card (but update process poled each input option in the car so assume USB will work as well, will try that with next update), ran update from version menu within SatNav menus, took about 40 minutes to update system (all options of entertainment unit appeared to work while update was in progress). Hope that helps?

#14 ·
Ah, okay. IE got nice toys as standard on Xcellance 4WD launch model and these toys are still available on the options list (navi plus, beats audio, etc.). Sounds seriously mean providing a navigation system that does not come with subscription as standard for updates, say three years (as was the case with my last Honda albeit that it continued to provide free updates after that)).

#15 ·
The plot thickens as had a call from the seat executive office to deal with the issues, car is 3 days old and should never have left garage without the engine update to the 1.5 petrol, also seat are sending out free usb leads as should have come with this as per the brouchor, as for sat nav I've got v7 seat confirmed well out of date and they are on v11 and sending one out in the post to me, she was unsure about the Wi-Fi wlan option and going to look into this, it's not a massive issue for me as I use the mobile phone the kids Wi-Fi hot spots anyways,
On another note even though the car is 3 days old, took it from South Wales to Kent and back, 300 miles each way, filled her up 70 petrol , and got home without the fuel light even coming on, so I'm very happy with that, done the same trip one tiguan diesel and I would say the petrol used about 10-15 pounds more , but for the size of the car, that's really good,

#16 ·
I have the same sat nav version (V7) with mine, which department did you speak to at Seat UK to get the v11 card delivered?

#19 ·
stellamaris5 said:
crumpet said:
I have the same sat nav version (V7) with mine, which department did you speak to at Seat UK to get the v11 card delivered?
Can be downloaded and installed yourself. If you want new card from SEAT they will charge unless you're lucky
Are you sure? I'm in the UK - it seems to indicate I have to buy the SD card in this country.

#20 ·
crumpet said:
stellamaris5 said:
crumpet said:
Can be downloaded and installed yourself. If you want new card from SEAT they will charge unless you're lucky
Are you sure? I'm in the UK - it seems to indicate I have to buy the SD card in this country.
Yes offcially, I've done it though, downloaded form VW website and hacked the SDcard. Plenty of instuctions out there, espcially on SEATCupra.net

#21 ·
stellamaris5 said:
crumpet said:
stellamaris5 said:
Yes offcially, I've done it though, downloaded form VW website and hacked the SDcard. Plenty of instuctions out there, espcially on SEATCupra.net
Thanks so much for the reply!

Was it this guide you followed (for MIB2 units I think):-

1) copy ALL of the files from your existing card to a safe place, most importantly the overall.nds file

2) make a second copy just in case.

3) download the new navigation files and unzip them.

4) delete the existing files from your sd card (you did do steps 1 and 2 didn't you? )

5) copy the new navigation files to your sd card.

6) copy the old overall.nds file from step 1 onto your sd card, overwriting the newer downloaded file.
And which VW model did you choose for the maps? Tiguan all space? These instructions come from seatcupra but talk about using the golf maps?

#22 ·
Yes and yes

For PC use 7zip
For Mac use UnArchiver app

Make sure the SDCARD is formatted to FAT32

Make sure to back up the contents of the SDCARD

make sure to have the original overall.nds file as this is the file you need to keep going forward as you update each 6 month / year

#23 ·
stellamaris5 said:
Yes and yes

For PC use 7zip
For Mac use UnArchiver app

Make sure the SDCARD is formatted to FAT32

Make sure to back up the contents of the SDCARD

make sure to have the original overall.nds file as this is the file you need to keep going forward as you update each 6 month / year
Amazing thank you so much

Just on the VW site, so I am selecting Tiguan All Space 2019 onwards (not up to 2019), and then Discover Media not Discover Pro?

Do I need to download the database update as well or just the Europe 1 Maps?

#25 ·
Also, safely eject the SDcard from the Infotaimnet screen and once out reboot the unit without the card in it. Also reboot before you put in the updated SD card in.

Please be advised, mine worked without issues so I don't know what to do if something goes wrong. Usually people just copy back the old files and it works again.

#26 ·
stellamaris5 said:
Also, safely eject the SDcard from the Infotaimnet screen and once out reboot the unit without the card in it. Also reboot before you put in the updated SD card in.

Please be advised, mine worked without issues so I don't know what to do if something goes wrong. Usually people just copy back the old files and it works again.
Fantastic - I'll give it a go,

How do you reboot the unit? Hold down volume?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.