Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Took the plunge today and have bought a 2.0tdi Xcellence first edition manual, in oryx white. Had a cracking deal on the car. Waiting a few weeks until September 1st to take delivery of the car, due to the new registration plate here in the UK.
Looking forward to having the car. Hope I've done the right thing. Been driving my Volvo XC60 for the last 4 years which has still only done 26,000 miles and has been faultless. Having never owned a seat, I hope this isn't a downgrade from the Volvo, but I had a very good deal.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi and welcome. We test drove the XC60 as well (the new shape) and found it a very good car but a bit too expensive once all the extras are added that feature as standard in the Tarraco. You might find it a bit of a downgrade as the XC60 is a truly luxury vehicle but it was a bit too small for us. Rear legroom and bootspace is definitely bigger in the Tarraco.

Having said that we are very happy with the Tarraco and it is a very comfy car, probably a bit more sporty than the XC60 with stiffer suspension and more controlled body roll.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully not too much of a downgrade (my xc60 is the older one and not the latest model) but I guess I'll miss things like the heated front screen which is amazing for defrosting the screen in the winter and also I love the active bending headlights. Out of curiosity, are the led headlights bright on the Tarraco? I originally intended to have the Xcellence Lux version due to it having the full leather interior, but I had such a good deal with the Xcellence first edition and with other goodies such as panoramic roof included, I decided to forfeit the leather seats. I'm worried now though having children in the car regularly, how easy the cloth an alcantara mark or soil. Does anyone else have the alcantara seats? Second question, I read from somewhere that the sat nav wasn't very good and someone saying they use different apps on their phone for speed camera warnings etc. My Volvo currently warns me of all fixed speed cameras, does the tarraco not do this? Also is there anything else I need to know/check, when I pick the car up? Thanks in advance for any help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.