Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Hoping you can help me out, I am seriously considering the tarraco as my next car but wondering about fuel economy.

I commute everyday almost exclusively on highway usually at speeds between 80-85 mph. What fuel economy are you guys getting for highway driving?

I am looking at xcellence 2.0 150bhp diesel manual transmission.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I am getting the same spec and engine/transmission delivered in a few days so can let you know but not sure if I will be able to drive on the motorway at that speed as I can only do it in and around London.

I can let you know

·
Registered
436 Posts
At 60mph you will have ideal fuel economy. As you go above 70 and above the high front of the car and wind resistance will make the fuel usage shoot through the roof. You are probably looking at 10-11l per 100

All tests I watched said 8.5-9.5 but this was max 120 kmh in Spain and the 190ps DSG

Where are you based?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I drive the 190bhp DSG, this is meant to be less economical, however I drove from Southport to Wales and back again a couple of days ago with a mixture of 30 50 70 and achieved what you see in the image, I'm a pretty spirited driver as well so could have done better.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi guys be interested to see your actual mpg for total miles done, I'm on 3000 miles and 35mpg which I'm very happy with for an. Auto and 190bhp, just wondering if anyone else can upload pics to show all the stats, I'll upload mine later Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm on 40mpg, done 500 miles but pretty much only city driving short journeys, doing a long run this weekend so will see.

I think the figure when the ignition is off is the true one right? Not the long-term, since start not since refuel one?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi, yes it's the Long Term that shows mpg for total mileage, here is my pic taken yesterday when I dropped it of at seat to have the front assist looked at, I'll be honest I was closer to 38 for my first 1000 then you start to pull of a little quicker overtake when you usually wouldn't and just the other day had to show a range rover who was boss at the lights 😉 I think I'll chill for the next 1000 and aim to raise the mpg and see what happens, overall for how I drive and being an auto and the engine j have I'm over the moon.

I'll take another image on the screen that just shows stats, that has average mpg etc on it, the lower the average speed the more city driving stop starting traffic etc so lower speed with better mpg is more impressive.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had my 2.0 TSI engined Terraco for a month now and the best I've seen over that time is 31.8mpg. My max journey's to date have only been up to 36 miles.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been mainly city driving in my Tarraco since picking it up from the dealer. There was enough in the tank when I got it to get me home (just!) and I filled up yesterday for the second time, allowing me to see how i've Done with my first full tank of petrol.

As I said I have mainly been city driving, trying not to use the air con too much, with the setting for eco mode selected. The combined figures on the spec sheet for the 1.5TSi is 35.3-37.2, and my display has been showing ~32 when i've been getting out of the car.

I had to fill up yesterday after 366 miles which seemed a little low to me. I use Fuelly to track my fuel spend so this allows me to see actual mpg figures rather than those estimated by the car.

It took a smidgen under 60 litres to fill up and for a total distance of 366 miles, that's only 27.7mpg!

I got rid of my gas guzzling 2005 Honda FRV a few years ago because it was only returning 28.5mpg so for this wonderful new engine to offer WORSE fuel economy...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Further to my earlier post I have now had the Terraco for nearly two months and have recently completed a 110 mile round trip and managed to just break 36 mpg. Speeds ranging from 50 to 70 mph. It's improving.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.