Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Xcellence Lux 1.5 petrol dsg in Atlantic Blue. Seemed like a good car so far. I just got the car as I like the look of it, not as a family car.

Does anyone know how it compares to a Q3 and other 'luxury' SUV cars? My previous car was a 2019 Mercedes A class.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Never driven a Q3 but a Q5 and A6, it's bigger than a Q5 in interior space. Not as big a options list which is huge at Audi and only few engine choices but a lot cheaper than a Audi

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stellamaris5 said:
Never driven a Q3 but a Q5 and A6, it's bigger than a Q5 in interior space. Not as big a options list which is huge at Audi and only few engine choices but a lot cheaper than a Audi
Yes Audi seems very expensive. I sold my 2019 Mercedes A-class to get the Tarraco, I used to get complimented a lot on the Mercedes. For some reason clients thought I was 'rich'. Not sure how Seat is seen as a brand.

Off-topic question, when you connect your phone in the Tarraco,does the long wire get in the way of the gear stick?

·
Registered
325 Posts
The lead supplied is useless as it's to long.
I brought a 10cm iphone lead and phone fits perfect in the cubby hole where the USB port is.

·
Registered
447 Posts
you can also buy right angle leads that will make it easier to tuck in. I bought a 90degree for mine and when its plugged in, I can no easily route it around the sides of the cubby hole. It was annoying when it went straight out right in the middle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sparky13 said:
The lead supplied is useless as it's to long.
I brought a 10cm iphone lead and phone fits perfect in the cubby hole where the USB port is.
Do you have a link to a good one?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
vib1288 said:
Have a look on ebay, plenty around.
Thanks, seen quite a few good cheap ones.

On another note, I got sold my Tarraco Xcellence Lux brand new for £24000 + £4k VAT= £28k. Was that a good deal? They said if I didn't buy before April 1 price changes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lamron300 said:
vib1288 said:

On another note, I got sold my Tarraco Xcellence Lux brand new for £24000 + £4k VAT= £28k. Was that a good deal? They said if I didn't buy before April 1 price changes.
I paid £28k in September and thought a very good price. The same Kodiaq was £10k more

·
Registered
447 Posts
yup, the Kodiaq and Tiguan are much more expensive in comparison. The VW I can understand but I couldn't believe the Skoda was more expensive like for like!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rdc said:
Lamron300 said:
vib1288 said:

I paid £28k in September and thought a very good price. The same Kodiaq was £10k more
Why is the Skoda more expensive? Tarraco is priced up to 34/35k on some websites, surely no one paid that. I didn't get as good as a deal as I should have as I was trading in my 10 month old Mercedes A-class which had negative equity.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Lamron300 said:
Why is the Skoda more expensive? Tarraco is priced up to 34/35k on some websites, surely no one paid that. I didn't get as good as a deal as I should have as I was trading in my 10 month old Mercedes A-class which had negative equity.
I'm not sure on what retail prices are but I'm referring to actual agreed prices after discount negotiations.

Seat by far were offering the heaviest discount, then Skoda then VW.

However, the retail price of a Kodiaq with like for like spec is more than the Tarraco. It's not actually far off a Tiguan to be honest.

I think the only time the Kodiaq works out cheaper is if you buy an entry level with no options. That's why Kodiaqs look appealing price wise as the model range starts with bread and butter spec.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
vib1288 said:
Lamron300 said:
I'm not sure on what retail prices are but I'm referring to actual agreed prices after discount negotiations.

Seat by far were offering the heaviest discount, then Skoda then VW.

However, the retail price of a Kodiaq with like for like spec is more than the Tarraco. It's not actually far off a Tiguan to be honest.

I think the only time the Kodiaq works out cheaper is if you buy an entry level with no options. That's why Kodiaqs look appealing price wise as the model range starts with bread and butter spec.
Do you need all seven seats? I don't even need 5, I just wanted an SUV, A-class was severely disappointing. I think all the brands badmouth each other. My first car was Volkswagen Polo and VW basically told me the Seat Ibiza would depreciate a lot more and isn't as good of a car. When I was looking to get an Audi they said its much much superior to VW. Seat told me the Tarraco is superior to the Audi Q3, which they said is more like an Ateca or Arona :oops: .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
vib1288 said:
Nope, I didn't even want a Tarraco as it's a downsize (not downgrade) for me.

But it was a decision made by my head and not my heart.

This is my car around 2hrs after picking it up....

https://www.tarracoforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=323
Your review is helpful. I haven't been able to drive mine since I got it, due to the lockdown. It has 51 miles on it, which was mostly the dealer dropping it off to my house.

So I'm curious to how much of the tank £30 petrol will fill up and how the car handles at higher speeds. I also want to try the park assist to see if its better than on my Mercedes A-class.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.