Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
There's not a lot you can do really unless you get them done professionally.
Iv always brought touch up sticks from the dealers to protect the paint work

·
Registered
33 Posts
For me, best approach is to get a kit from paints4u.com as they are supplied with little batons to apply the paint (as opposed to the too thick brushes in touch up kits). You can use toothpicks instead of the batons too. The way i've dealt with them is via the wet sanding method, so building up thin layers of paint in the chip over a number of days (always leaving at least 24 hours between applications) and once the paint stands proud of the chip and is fully dry i take a small soaked piece of 3000 grit wet and dry and level it with the surrounding paint. Depending on the paint colour and the size of the chip i may not bother with a clearcoat application but it's the same approach. To bring the gloss back i use a medium cut polish or even some Meguiars ScratchX to bring it back to a high gloss finish. There's plenty of guides on detailing world. ..cheers Shaun

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shaun_R said:
For me, best approach is to get a kit from paints4u.com as they are supplied with little batons to apply the paint (as opposed to the too thick brushes in touch up kits). You can use toothpicks instead of the batons too. The way i've dealt with them is via the wet sanding method, so building up thin layers of paint in the chip over a number of days (always leaving at least 24 hours between applications) and once the paint stands proud of the chip and is fully dry i take a small soaked piece of 3000 grit wet and dry and level it with the surrounding paint. Depending on the paint colour and the size of the chip i may not bother with a clearcoat application but it's the same approach. To bring the gloss back i use a medium cut polish or even some Meguiars ScratchX to bring it back to a high gloss finish. There's plenty of guides on detailing world. ..cheers Shaun
Thanks for the advice. Had a look at paints4u. Are those batons like a pointed cotton bud and reusable or are they just pointed sticks of wood?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, like pointed cotton buds but much thinner and firmer so very accurate. As mentioned, cocktail sticks are a cheaper alternative. I mentioned paints4u as there service is great and i think they do a small kit with all the bits you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.