Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have had my Tarraco Xcellence Lux, 1.5 manual for about 10 weeks now and have done about 2000 miles in it. I'm generally very pleased with the car and have managed to set most things up as I want them though there are a few annoying features, some of which can be changed some which sadly can't.
One thing which we owners are stuck with is the design of the cover over the rear load area. I can't believe that this is the best that they could come up with as it 'Picks up' the seatbelts for the rear set of seats more times than not. The absence of Traffic Sign Recognition and High Beam Assist is another annoyance but hopefully that will be rectified in the future when I can find somebody in my area...Scarborough...who can enable them.
The main purpose of this post is to ask for help with another annoyance. I have searched the manual but cannot find the answer to my problem, I'm hoping that somebody on here might have the knowledge.
In my previous Leon, whenever I stopped and removed the key the interior lights used to come on. This was very useful and enabled you to find any bits and pieces before you opened the door to get out. My Tarraco has Kessy and when I come to a halt and stop the engine the interior lights will not come on until I open a door. Obviously if I am not putting the key into the ignition then I can't remove it to trigger the lights, does anybody know the answer please?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seems like this a common complaint but no-one has worked out a fix. I tend to leave ignition on for a few secobds as it's quite bright. Didn't actually realise I was doing that .

·
Registered
174 Posts
They'll prob tell you it's by design and it's how Seat has chosen to do so for the Tarraco. Would be interesting to know what they say about unlocking features and if they do such things as a service - since I hear there aren't any obdeleven apps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not going to ask them about unlocking any features as I already know that they won't do that. Looking on here I know that the features I would like can be enabled but it will need to be done by private arrangement.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are you sure the Xcellence Lux doesn't come with high beam assist? My Xcellence First Ed Plus does...

It's rubbish by the way, it only works above 40mph and then won't re-enable high beam until you get above 40mph ish again if it dips because of oncoming cars. Frustrating on a country road where it's not always possible to get up to 40mph and you're stuck in the dark round a corner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.