Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just been testing out a new Isofix car seat in prep for our new arrival in Feb next year. All seems to fit very nicely but I do have a question regarding the overly sensitive seat belt warnings.

- I noticed with the dog on the back seat the seatbelt warning keeps triggering
- Will I have the same issue when baby is in the seat as the Isofix seat is not secured by the seatbelt
- Anything I can do to switch the warning off without the inelegant solution of clipping the seatbelt in?

I checked the manual and can't find any mention of whether it's possible to disable seatbelt warning for specific seats.

Anyone else come across this yet?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks. I wonder if my somewhat chunky dog was way over the limit (she's 33kg) and child + baby seat will be way under.

Thanks for setting my mind at rest

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw them, but it felt like such an inelegant solution to something that surely the car designers would have envisaged is an almost everyday occurrence in a family orientated car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
With an isofix base, when it's fitted properly it doesn't actually put any pressure on the seat itself and so doesn't trigger the seat belt warning light. The dog on the other hand (and I speak from experience here too) plants it's backside right smack on the sweet spot and that damn alarm goes off continually! I have a dog seat belt plugged into one socket and the unused seatbelt plugged in as well to stop the alarm. The ISOfix base is in place all the time and no issues/triggers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.