Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weighing over 1.5 tonnes, both car and master are well. Except 2 tiny dings.

Picked it up today and loving some passer bys on my street stopping to check it out :D

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the dings upon inspection at the dealer. Really small and I had to work the light and angles to see them. So they've made a note and said they'll fix it on my next visit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
SizzlingPotato said:
Weighing over 1.5 tonnes, both car and master are well. Except 2 tiny dings.

Picked it up today and loving some passer bys on my street stopping to check it out :D
Looks great! Wouldn't have minded the green but grey will have to do in my case.

Not a fan of the running boards, the car would look better without them. They make the side look lower than the front. Our test drive vehicle had them & in my opinion they also make it trickier to get in and out & You end up constantly bashing your shins on them.

Was it discounted as a result of the dings? Only asking in case I should be worried as to the reason I got such a large discount on my order (we are distance buying a pre-reg in stock car so I haven't seen it yet).

But to be honest we have found the Ateca seems very susceptible to stone and door opening dings compared to the cars we have had previously like the Leon. The metal must be thinner or something on the new seat suv's so that is probably why.

Anyway we'll hopefully be picking ours up in the next week or so, just waiting on a confirmed delivery date from the dealer.

Hope you are enjoying yours and not experiencing the faults some are reporting.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had grey, black and white cars. Grey seems to be most fancied colour and I see many new cars in grey but not this green. I like that the colour stands out from the crowd while being subtle and sophisticated ;)

The car was ordered before it was built so the dings weren't supposed to be there. The dealer is going to massage it back out.

I'm liking the side steps very much actually. First time I ever had a car with them. I like the chunky look it adds. On a practical level, I have little kids who find them helpful too and they re being trained to step on them instead of the door sill/frame.

Overall i'm enjoying the car. Show us your baby when it arrives!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi can you post more photos of the running boards top down view with the door open and also side profile shot

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dugw said:
Hi can you post more photos of the running boards top down view with the door open and also side profile shot
I'll get you some snaps when I'm home.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dugw said:
And the rest

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great pics!

I was looking at these but was wondering how they actually operate from an ergonomic perspective. They look great, but how do you find using them I.e are you stepping on them or are they in the way getting in and out? My kids seem to be stepping on the rubber seals getting in and out of the back seats so wondering if these may help?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Leprechaun said:
Great pics!

I was looking at these but was wondering how they actually operate from an ergonomic perspective. They look great, but how do you find using them I.e are you stepping on them or are they in the way getting in and out? My kids seem to be stepping on the rubber seals getting in and out of the back seats so wondering if these may help?
I didn't like my little ones stepping on the seals too so the steps help. They naturally step on the running boards first and then half the time straight into the car. With some training they can easily get it right every time.

I don't step on them myself getting in. As for getting out - I would stretch my leg further out to the ground compared to without the boards. A short person may find it easier to step on the board first to get out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts