Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Iv been looking at these for a few years now and decided to buy one as part of my car detailing kit.
There a lot cheaper in the long run to buy than the small inline ones on line like Aqua gleam.
There capacity is 700 litres of purified water before a refill is required at £45 a bag.
When it arrives I will do a full review with photos. Product Font Screenshot Gas Parallel

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Keep us informed as I have always looked at getting something like this. How many litres per car wash do you reckon?

So:

Snow
Wash Wheels
Rinse off snow
Shampoo
Rinse off shampoo

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They say on the web site you only need to use it on the last rinse.
So will be looking at around 10 litres per wash.
Can't wait to try as I'm thinking with the summer dust just a snow wash and rinse will do and no washing with mit

·
Registered
423 Posts
Depends on what snow you use. I use a pre-clean snow, there are snows that can be used in-lieu of shampoo.

But never never use a mitt without rinsing!

So either snow, rinse, shampoo like me or rinse, snow , mitt the snow....

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sparky13 said:
They say on the web site you only need to use it on the last rinse.
So will be looking at around 10 litres per wash.
Can't wait to try as I'm thinking with the summer dust just a snow wash and rinse will do and no washing with mit
That makes sense to only use when final rinse but I don't think 10l will be enough...

I snowed and rinsed the mx5 a few days ago but it had been static on the drive. Was enough to get rid of the ambient dust (pollen) that was covering it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking that vib
When it arrives I might rinse off soap with normal water and just do a after rinse with hose and filter to minimise usage.Im thinking around 20 L as water doesn't go far on cars.
I have a rain water butt and pour into a 25 L container and this gets used on just a pre rinse.

Going on washing methods I normally use a clay mitt every year and bring the paint work back to fresh.
This way a good Sealant or wax clings much better.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I only clay when when I can feel the contaminants on the surface during washing. I'm lucky that I don't have many trees around me, so don't have a problem with tree sap.

I find the Sonax PNS with regular BSD use has lasted nearly 3years on the mini. Yes, it would look better with a good rectification but I think I would only gain around 15% from doing it. Let's see how bored I get in the coming weeks.... May give the mini a birthday present in May. :D

I had a guy stop and turn back in his car to chat to me when I was washing. He said he lives a few streets away and always was envious of how good my cars looked over the years and wanted advice. He thought I was some super duper car cleaning nerd who washes with angels tears..... :mrgreen:

I told him what I did and he couldn't believe my routine was so mundane. He said he even did a 2 bucket method but couldn't get the result I did. All I could do was tell him my method and products used and let him figure it out.

BTW, I tried a 2 bucket method once and found it a PITA. I just make sure my car is power washed as clean as I can and the wash bucket is deep enough and never use the bottom 1/4. Never had a problem with swirl marks especially as I only use the mitt with straight movements, never use circular movements!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not a fan of the 2 bucket method either and much prefer pre rinse then snow foam.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for confirming Al.

No, I always rinse with water first, I thought that went without saying but I see your point :mrgreen:

I bought some sonax foam shampoo. Going to use it this week in the jet washer/foam lance.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Going to try new toy out today on the wife's car as it's black and will show up and water marks.
Photos will follow on the water filter to see if it's as good as they say

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well worked very good but photos don't justify really.

Also not washing with a mitt doesn't get all the dirt off but good for surface dust.

There's a few water marks but this was from the last wash.

before photo and after photos

Atmosphere Sky World Building Hood
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Window
A shot of my car that is much better and drying out in the baking sun with not 1 water mark.
I think I used more water though about 15 L on each car

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
That's great. May take the bait myself! £1 per wash ain't too bad (refills price).

So for the final rinse, you just use it via the standard tap pressure and not via the power washer?

Does it need to trickle and filter through (like a Brita Filter) or will it be able to handle real time filtering?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
vib1288 said:
That's great. May take the bait myself! £1 per wash ain't too bad (refills price).

So for the final rinse, you just use it via the standard tap pressure and not via the power washer?

Does it need to trickle and filter through (like a Brita Filter) or will it be able to handle real time filtering?
Yep for final rinse after washing off soap just used normal hose and tap water.
I have a 10 m hose to connect to the out side of filter to minimise the east filtered water.
Also it filters like a normal hose pressure and not like the trickle

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
vib1288 said:
sounds like a decent piece of equipment. I'll most probably get one. :D
Good stuff.
Iv also filtered some water off into a spray bottle for rinse the shower glass and works a treat

·
Registered
423 Posts
yeah, makes sense to use it elsewhere too, I think it'll be good for window cleaning too as I can get to the first floor to dry although I have a telescopic pole to wash.. this water will be perfect.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very true
I pay a window cleaner £10 a month with a reach and wash so £45 on a refill don't sound bad

1 - 20 of 26 Posts