Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know wether the keyless entry system has a motion sensor in the remote to safeguard against the door being unlocked when the remote has been stationary?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stellamaris5 said:
no idea, i searched but can't find the info anywhere.
Thanks for the reply stellamaris5. I know the VW group's next improvement on Kessy was going to be that but just wasn't sure when. It would be a big plus to not have to rely on Faraday bags.

·
Registered
436 Posts
You can disable KESSY As a one off by pressing the lock button on the door handle then within 2 second the lock key on the key.
If you now test it after some seconds you will see the door doesn't open but only using the the unlock button on the key.

EDIT: Sorry it's the other way round lock with key then press the KESSY button on the door handle within 4 seconds.

This is a one off and will enable every time you unlock the car. Good for leaving the car overnight or parked outside a restaurant for example

·
Registered
23 Posts
stellamaris5 said:
You can disable KESSY As a one off by pressing the lock button on the door handle then within 2 second the lock key on the key.
If you now test it after some seconds you will see the door doesn't open but only using the the unlock button on the key.

EDIT: Sorry it's the other way round lock with key then press the KESSY button on the door handle within 4 seconds.

This is a one off and will enable every time you unlock the car. Good for leaving the car overnight or parked outside a restaurant for example
Thanks for this, I've been using this on mine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is there any way (maybe with VCDS or alternative) to disable the keyless entry permanently? I'd rather do that than have to remember to switch it off every time i lock the car!

·
Registered
436 Posts
redvers76 said:
Is there any way (maybe with VCDS or alternative) to disable the keyless entry permanently? I'd rather do that than have to remember to switch it off every time i lock the car!
Not seen it anywhere yet but I am sure it can be done somehow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
stellamaris5 said:
redvers76 said:
I see from other posts you're already on the Carista beta program; fingers crossed they can pull it out of the bag :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
redvers76 said:
stellamaris5 said:
redvers76 said:
I see from other posts you're already on the Carista beta program; fingers crossed they can pull it out of the bag :)
I am but it's not an option to do it in carista, maybe long coding in ODBEleven can do it, but that requires careful manipulation of the bytes. Maybe reading up on forums will get you the answer, I don't mind the kessy, as we are parked overnight in a locked garage and for trips where we are close enought to the car it's easily disabled by pressing the lock button on the key and within 2 seconds the sensor on the door handle

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's on there as something like *Central locking system "Keyless-Go"* which made me think it was keyless entry! As it happens I'm not too fussed about having keyless entry, and would have looked to disable it, so probably no bad thing that it hasn't got it :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
stellamaris5 said:

This works a treat, thanks for writing that in an easy to understand way. Does anybody else find the user manual a bit difficult to comprehend? Just wish they'd cut to the chase.

I was struggling to figure out how the hell to lock the car using the little 'button' area on the door handle until I realised I was naturally gripping the handle as I would do normally and pressing the button with my thumb which didn't have any effect. It's obvious when I look back now, that by gripping the handle I was immediately activating the unlocking whilst simultaneously trying to lock the car. &#x1f926-2642;.

The trick is to just press the button with your thumb or finger as if pushing a door bell. I hate to admit it but this took me longer to figure out than it should have.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good evening all.

Hope everyone is safe, along with their Tarraco... :(

Quick question. By deactivating the keyless entry, is the alarm also deactivated? I know that by locking it twice from the fob it deactivated the alarm system...

Thanks for your help..

TTT

·
Registered
36 Posts
tic-tac-tarraco said:
Good evening all.

Hope everyone is safe, along with their Tarraco... :(

Quick question. By deactivating the keyless entry, is the alarm also deactivated? I know that by locking it twice from the fob it deactivated the alarm system...

Thanks for your help..

TTT
I don't think the double press on the remote disables the alarm - it disables the interior sensors to give the facility to lock the car while someone (like children or dogs) are still in the car to avoid the alarm activating by their movement. Any other interference would still result in the alarm sounding I believe.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Driver said:
stellamaris5 said:
EDIT: Sorry it's the other way round lock with key then press the

This works a treat, thanks for writing that in an easy to understand way. Does anybody else find the user manual a bit difficult to comprehend? Just wish they'd cut to the chase.

I was struggling to figure out how the hell to lock the car using the little 'button' area on the door handle until I realised I was naturally gripping the handle as I would do normally and pressing the button with my thumb which didn't have any effect. It's obvious when I look back now, that by gripping the handle I was immediately activating the unlocking whilst simultaneously trying to lock the car. &#x1f926-2642;.

The trick is to just press the button with your thumb or finger as if pushing a door bell. I hate to admit it but this took me longer to figure out than it should have.
The manual is tough to follow and hard to find where to look.
I did the same thing with opening whilst trying to lock.

Further more the open button several times triggered in my pocket. I now have the key in a cover that prevents that

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.