Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody found a way to turn off Lane assist permanently or at least until you choose to activate it yourself?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've just got used to using the shortcut on the end of the indicator stalk everytime I start up the car. Press the end button then the right hand thumb wheel to run it off. Takes 2 seconds so not too annoying. Would be good to permanently turn it off though as it's annoying most of the time as drive on A and B roads lot.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do you mean the short cut to then show up the assistance menu, then you still have to toggle the option, right?

I have yet to find a single click toggle on/off...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lane Assist... This is driving us crazy! Driving on a long single track road here in Argyll every day.
The function can not recognize the road type however even the run into Oban is scary with a constant under steer or over steer regardless of the camber or conditions!!! The is a really dangerous function in it present form.
As the other owner said "Has anybody found a way to turn off Lane assist permanently or at least until you choose to activate it yourself? "
Seat please tell us how to switch this Lane Assist off??!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have found this over in the OBD Eleven Forums for a Sokda Kamiq:

I have started this thread to share with you a recent discovery of mine.

All of you probably know that all the Scalas and Kamiqs are equipped with Lane assist systems (even the entry level ones). Although this system is usually very helpful, it is a bit annoying that once it is turned off in maxidot menu - assistance systems, it turns back on upon cycling a key.

However this is the coding that prevents this from happening:

-> Control Unit A5 - Driver Assistance
-> select Long coding
-> change setting Perso_HC from Activated to Last_setting
(changes bit 2&3 of byte 14)
-> press the magical green button to save the changes

tip: in case you get the error when saving -> (31) function not available, change the mode to vw - diagnostic mode, and try again (even if you are already using this mode, just reselect it again)

Once activated, the car will remember the last state of Lane assist (on or off) upon cycling the key.
It's won't completely disable it but if it works it's a start. I have also found a Youtube vid on a VW e-UP that follows the same coding -

I am unable to try it as I am still awaiting delivery of mine!

Regards
Thyper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts