Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the issues with vehicle have been escalated.

The lease company has requested an RAC inspection of the vehicle because of the volume of issues and the number of RAC attendances to fix issues. Even at the preliminary stage the RAC engineering manager was shocked at the breadth of vaults his patrols had fixed even though the vehicle had been hardly used during Covid period.

Then the tipping point was from the complaint to SEAT UK. A complaint manager called me back today and the arrogance was truly shocking. I cannot even believe what I heard myself.

1. No matter what dealer i go to big or small, they are all as experienced to the same level and all follow the same processes. Our local dealer has a small SEAT offering compared to another one nearby that services SEAT, Skoda, VW and Audi vehicles. Working on 2 -3 vehicles a day equates to workshops that have 20-30 vehicles a day using a high percentage of common components

2. SEAT only permit cars to be serviced/worked on by SEAT garages and not Skoda, VW or Audi garages because processes and procedures are "completely different" and that multi brand franchise must have different workspaces for each brand !

3. Now that there is a complaint with SEAT UK. The dealers will be more likely to follow the process and fix the problem. That really had me incensed after point 1. Apparently, If i had complained to SEAT UK earlier, my vehicle would have been fixed by now!

4. There are known issues with the infotainment systems since 2019 that require a software updates. However, they cannot get the software to work and expect a fix in around 6 months time.

5. When I pointed out the number of owners on this forum and elsewhere that have been blighted by issues like the infotainment system, I was told expressly "SEAT do not recognise any comments on the internet forums because they could have been written by anybody". When I pointed out that these were mainly disgruntled customers and posting for a reason and that Social Media is the way a lot of people now express product feedback. I was told the only information they take into account is from dealers and direct complaints from customers.

6. If I am unhappy with the vehicle return it to the lease company or complain to the ombudsman. In other words, hopefully you will go away.

Prior to the Tarraco, I had two Leon's which were brilliant and required minimal warranty work (a folding seat hinge snapped!) In 2021, I covered more miles in courtesy cars than the Tarraco it was so problematic. In over 40 years of driving I have never had as many problems or issues with a car as this one.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The VAG infotainment system is definitely creating so many headaches for the group as a whole. I have dealt in cars (trade) previously and it's shocking that VAG has taken so long to come up with a solid solution. Touch wood, mine is 2years old now and I have had none of the infotainment issues reported.

If I were in the same situation as you, I would be just as annoyed as you and would never give another £ to VAG. Unfortunately for myself, bang for buck, nothing comes close to the Tarraco and that's where the problem arises. The only brand I would consider switching to (to replace the Tarraco) would be Kia/Hyundai but they for me, still don't offer something that ticks all of my boxes. I've owned Kia previously so I've got nothing against the brand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

The SEAT customer service rep called me back yesterday. He had now contacted the main garage and read the reports and was surprised at the number of faults but hadn't contacted the other two dealers or the RAC!.

His solution, because it hasn't had a software update since February, take it back to the main dealer for another one. My position is that are other Tarraco experiencing the same problems and are they all being recalled for software updates. Apparently they aren't. So it is going to be 2 to 3 weeks at least to book another service another week in a garage where they update the software and take it for the occasional spin around the block trying to find another fault. By the time the case is reviewed again it will be another month off my lease and will have 6 months left out of the 3.

My wife and I being disabled we need something big for a mobility scooter and assistance dog and a high seat height with easy access doors . As you same I have looked at the Kia / Hyundai but they don't have the same, features and dare I say quality as the Tarraco.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts