Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I picked up my new Tarraco 2 weeks ago and I'm generally very pleased with it. I have had slight kangarooing on some occasions but I'm finding that if I let the car idle for a short while before moving off then things are much better.....not ideal but manageable and I'm still trying to find out about any possible update that might solve the issue completely.
The other thing which I am trying to find out is exactly which sat nav version is the most recent. Mine came with V7 but I have read on here that V8 may be available. I have raised the issue with Seat UK who phoned me this morning to tell me that I have the latest version.
My question is, does anybody actually have V8 card in their car and did that come from new rather than an update done later? I would love to be able to tell Seat that somebody has a newer version than I do and get them to provide me with an update!
Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I'm aware that one can do an update but I really want to get the latest from Seat themselves rather than do it myself. If all else fails then I may go down that route......no pun intended!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Conal said:
Thanks for that. I'm aware that one can do an update but I really want to get the latest from Seat themselves rather than do it myself. If all else fails then I may go down that route......no pun intended!
I checked with my dealer who advised V7 is the latest card, it's what my Tarraco shipped with before I did the V11 download update

Not believing them, I contacted SEAT UK who confirmed it:

A load of new roads in south Manchester are missing from the V7 card, some built over 2 years ago! So I did the V11 download and they are all on there now! :roll:

·
Registered
105 Posts
In my Tarraco there is no SD card with maps - instead map is uploaded in the vehicle. (Not sure why? maybe because I have Navi Plus? In Ateca I had normal and SD was there.)

Anyway...
I went to seat.com webpage and there was update avaliable without questions:
https://www.seat.com/owners/my-seat/navigation/map-updates.html

Update file is 25GB and unpacked ~30GB
Unpacked to pendrive and placed in the car.
Update took 30 minutes :eek:

Now I have version 176 (not sure which I had before) and not sure whether this applies to navi plus or all

·
Registered
69 Posts
pch said:
In my Tarraco there is no SD card with maps - instead map is uploaded in the vehicle. (Not sure why? maybe because I have Navi Plus? In Ateca I had normal and SD was there.)

Anyway...
I went to seat.com webpage and there was update avaliable without questions:
https://www.seat.com/owners/my-seat/navigation/map-updates.html

Update file is 25GB and unpacked ~30GB
Unpacked to pendrive and placed in the car.
Update took 30 minutes :eek:

Now I have version 176 (not sure which I had before) and not sure whether this applies to navi plus or all
European tarracos have the navi plus with built in hard drive for maps.

UK models are only available with the basic navi system, which requires an SD card for map data.

We in the uk also miss out on the connected abilities of the car too because the basic navi doesn't have the built in SIM for online traffic etc. We just get radio TMC traffic data!

·
Registered
105 Posts
crumpet said:
European tarracos have the navi plus with built in hard drive for maps.

UK models are only available with the basic navi system, which requires an SD card for map data.

We in the uk also miss out on the connected abilities of the car too because the basic navi doesn't have the built in SIM for online traffic etc. We just get radio TMC traffic data!
First time I see Irish car is better equipped than UK's one... But I should be happy, though :D

Re online traffic... how to use that? So far I've only used android auto with google maps/waze to get traffic info.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Typical SEAT UK not knowing left from right! Their email dated September claims V7 is the latest!

Anyway V11 from online is what I am using and it's bang up to date (even got roads that were only opened earlier this year e.g. A555 extension to Manchester Airport)

·
Registered
325 Posts
It will be interesting to see what version I will have in 12 weeks when my car turns up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have been down to my dealer this afternoon armed with Nick's information about the V8 fitted to his car. They were interested to see that and went out to look at a Tarraco in their compound which is going out next week.....that had V7 in it!
I intend to take this up with Seat UK in the morning and see what their stance is when presented with the fact that V8 is available.
I did however come away with the very smart Seat 3 way data cable, for free, so not a wasted journey.
Will report back on how I get on with Seat UK.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes I was told v11 then they checked with factory tech team and said that's not for a taracco v8 is the latest , something about it's for eu models not UK models, v8 carrys the 2019 update in the system, all very weird lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
An update on this at last.
After quite a long battle with Seat UK I have finally had my v8 card installed today. Everything fired up ok and off I went, a very happy punter.
One thing that I find a bit odd is that on the open road the unit displays 2 speed limits, 50 and 60. In a speed limit zone then only one speed...the correct one...is displayed but when you leave the zone then the two limits appear again.
I have looked in the settings and can't find anything to alter in there.
I have seen the issue reported in other VW group forums but nowhere can I find how to fix it so that only one speed is displayed. Any ideas or do I just have to live with it?
Many thanks to Nick and Mac for their help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Conal said:
An update on this at last.
After quite a long battle with Seat UK I have finally had my v8 card installed today. Everything fired up ok and off I went, a very happy punter.
One thing that I find a bit odd is that on the open road the unit displays 2 speed limits, 50 and 60. In a speed limit zone then only one speed...the correct one...is displayed but when you leave the zone then the two limits appear again.
I have looked in the settings and can't find anything to alter in there.
I have seen the issue reported in other VW group forums but nowhere can I find how to fix it so that only one speed is displayed. Any ideas or do I just have to live with it?
Many thanks to Nick and Mac for their help.
Are you sure you're in the UK? :roll:
In Poland there are two limits (actually in urban area only): 50km/h during the day and 60km/h at nighttime :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.