Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can I confirm if this is what others hear too?

On pushing the ignition start button, the dash area gives a brief scratchy/buzz sound for a second before the engine fires up.

I'd hear the same sound for a second upon pressing the start button when the dash lights up lights but without starting the engine. Then if I leave it in that mode for a few minutes (I was installing and testing my dash cam at the time) the scratchy/buzz sound would appear again just for a second and stop ... and so on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's the electromechanical steering lock releasing itself, happens in all keyless-go cars

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found it originating from the dash.

I've tried to reproduce it by clicking on the ignition once (before it fires up) and then quietly opening/closing the driver door a tiny bit. This same sound comes in intervals of a few minutes even if I'm not doing anything with the door too. Here's a recording before people think I'm hearing sounds in my head. In between the thumps of the car door are the dash hisses.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stellamaris5 said:
What the climate control settings when it does it? Send a picture
It does it even when the climate control is off.

For me there's always a first hiss upon the first press of the start button which is fine. I just wasn't expecting it to continue in intervals.

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
I can't really hear anything specific on your video just some white noise not sure if this is background noise or form the car but it does sound like air vents blowing air which they will do as soon as the ignition is on.

I wanted pictures of the physical airvcon unit thats set when you first put the ignition is on.

P.S. actually now listening again I can hear some hissing (a bit like a cricket?) every few seconds, is that what you mean? Not sure if I have this I haven't noticed anything.

Is it loud and noticeable or not really?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stellamaris5 said:
I can't really hear anything specific on your video just some white noise not sure if this is background noise or form the car but it does sound like air vents blowing air which they will do as soon as the ignition is on.

I wanted pictures of the physical airvcon unit thats set when you first put the ignition is on.

P.S. actually now listening again I can hear some hissing (a bit like a cricket?) every few seconds, is that what you mean? Not sure if I have this I haven't noticed anything.

Is it loud and noticeable or not really?
Ok, the physical air con was 'off' so there wouldn't be any buttons lit up.
Yes, it's that cricket hiss or buzz in between my car door thumps. It buzzes once upon the first click of the start button (before during up) then at intervals of a few minutes it buzzes once again. Can you do me a favour next time you are in your car? Put your ear close to the dash, then press the start button once (the stage where the dash lights up and before the engine starts). See if you hear anything. Do it a few times. I'll offer up my service to you next time :)

In the video I was just opening/closing the door to reproduce the buzzing sound for recording purposes - found that to be one of the ways to recreate it. It's one of those sounds that isn't loud but you'll hear if you don't have the radio on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.