Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wanted to double check that this is normal. if you lock the car and any of the doors are open the car still locks and the mirrors fold. I had two occasions where the kids didn't close the door fully and the car still locked. I noticed yesterday during the night that the puddle light would stay on but the mirrors would fold. So I went to Check it out and noticed the rear door slightly opened. This is strange for me as my last car and most of the cars I have had did not lock if any of the door were not closed. In fact two days ago at work I noticed a vw tiguan had its door wide open and the side mirrors were folded. When I went to check there was no one in the car so I shut the door and the indicators blinked as if it was locked by the remote. Anyways just want to double check if this is normal and can it be disabled so that when you lock the car it will only lock when all the doors are closed.

Thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
Same here.

My last car wouldn't lock and sounded an audible alert if I tried to lock it with one of the doors not closed.

G

·
I think the point the OP was mentioning is that even if a door is ajar the doors will lock giving you a false sense of security. With other cars an alert sounds if any door is ajar so that all doors are closed before locking can resume.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.