Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade from my mazda3 to an occasional 7-Seater and am more inclined towards Tarraco! TSI.

we are a family of four and expect occasional visits from my mom/in-laws so we will need a 7-Seater with presumably kids in third row.

Can I have your thoughts on how practical is your third row for kids? until how tall they are practical for kids please?

Any comment on how it compares with Peugeot 5008 especially third row?

·
Registered
447 Posts
If the kids are under 10, then they should be okay in the back. However, due to the low height of the seat base in the 3rd row, over a long journey they will get tired legs, especially if they need to stretch out, which they can't. I say up to 5ft 5 and they'll be fine.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I read a number of reviews on various 7 seaters before I went for the Tarraco. I cant remeber if it was a Whatcar or AutoExpress review, but it did say that there was more headroom for the third row seats in the Tarraco even with a pano roof.

My brother in law has the 5008, and I have to say compared to my car, it seems to have a cheaper finish overall, and just doesn't seem to have the 'well built' feel to it.

Being a Scotsman I also looked at projected residuals and the Tarraco came out better than the 5008.

Try both on the same day is what I would suggest, that way you will get the feel of them both.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mcsimmo said:
I read a number of reviews on various 7 seaters before I went for the Tarraco. I cant remeber if it was a Whatcar or AutoExpress review, but it did say that there was more headroom for the third row seats in the Tarraco even with a pano roof.

My brother in law has the 5008, and I have to say compared to my car, it seems to have a cheaper finish overall, and just doesn't seem to have the 'well built' feel to it.

Being a Scotsman I also looked at projected residuals and the Tarraco came out better than the 5008.

Try both on the same day is what I would suggest, that way you will get the feel of them both.
super thank you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mcsimmo said:

Be sure to take a good look at the rear seats in the 5008.
The bench in the Tarraco is very spacious and comfortable , I give it a 9 out of 10.
Due to the shape and size of the 5008 seats in the 2nd row I give the 5008 a 4!

And the steering wheel and dash in the 5008 I can't get used to....
:twisted: :evil: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Arno said:
Mcsimmo said:

Be sure to take a good look at the rear seats in the 5008.
The bench in the Tarraco is very spacious and comfortable , I give it a 9 out of 10.
Due to the shape and size of the 5008 seats in the 2nd row I give the 5008 a 4!

And the steering wheel and dash in the 5008 I can't get used to....
:twisted: :evil: :mrgreen:
thanks arno

·
Registered
436 Posts
The second row head room in the 5008 is very poor, there's ton of space in the Taraco , both for the feet and head, shoulder room is also excellent compared.
The third row is fin for up 155 cms in height (as it states in the manual) and kids fight about who gets to sit there. For taller kid you need to move the second row a bit forward leaving still enough leg room.
It is definitely a great car, highly recommended!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.