Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys! Just got my Tarraco FR! Love it!

Now it's 3 kids I foresee most of time being in 7 Seat mode.

The FR come withOut spare wheel and with a repair kit but that means that there is a huge amount of space taken up by polystyrene cover which houses just the repair kit!

Anyone taken that out and added some sort of liner to create a deeper boot space in 7 Seat mode?

Will look at this later today but curious if anyone done this and if there is a liner to use one the polyester is take out.

Let me know

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did it!!! Took 2 hours but got what I wanted!!!

Sequence attached in reverse order....

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Good Work!

How much harder would it be to remove the rear 2 seats? I never will use mine in 7 seat mode so may as well take them out and get some more storage and MPG.

·
Registered
105 Posts
vib1288 said:
Good Work!

How much harder would it be to remove the rear 2 seats? I never will use mine in 7 seat mode so may as well take them out and get some more storage and MPG.
To completely remove it would be a couple of screws. Indeed you could save a few kilograms / pounds but I think the floor would be uneven so not sure if that would be very useful / beneficial unless you'd put own flooring which in turn would add some weight...

In some cases eg - not used seats and not used boot - yes - that would make sense.

·
Registered
447 Posts
pch said:
vib1288 said:
Good Work!

To completely remove it would be a couple of screws. Indeed you could save a few kilograms / pounds but I think the floor would be uneven so not sure if that would be very useful / beneficial unless you'd put own flooring which in turn would add some weight...

In some cases eg - not used seats and not used boot - yes - that would make sense.
I've got a spare wheel too so that throws a spanner in the works... I'll have a closer look at it when I have a bit more time but lugging around the seats just seems a waste of space and fuel. Cutting up a piece of 12mm MDF/Ply to make a new floor would be straightforward enough for me.

I do wonder what the set up is on a Factory 5 seat with spare wheel.... Hmm interesting.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.