Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the climate control fan supposed to sound like a mechanical timer plug when it is on? Comes from under the passenger glove box area and audible when the fan is running and engine is in the off cycle of start/stop. Or during the fan running while the electrics are on, before firing up the engine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't think it's intentional but they all do, including other VW group cars I've had in the past with the tri-zone system.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crumpet said:
I don't think it's intentional but they all do, including other VW group cars I've had in the past with the tri-zone system.
Thanks crumpet. Thought I was alone on this one. I was ready to get it to a garage and tell them to find whatever cheap component is in there and replace it. I had a Karoq before this which has dual zone climate control and didn't have this sound - so your tri zone climate control sounds like the jackpot. Mind me asking which trizone VW's you experienced the same with? Were there any which didn't do it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
My previous A5 had trizone and sounded the same as did my friend's Passat, and my dad's brand new 69-plate A7 does too! It's a trizone thing I told him (he expressed the same disappointment).

I suspect it's the complicated airflow-valve arrangement to get the three zone air control.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yep have the noise to very odd

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crumpet said:
My previous A5 had trizone and sounded the same as did my friend's Passat, and my dad's brand new 69-plate A7 does too! It's a trizone thing I told him (he expressed the same disappointment).

I suspect it's the complicated airflow-valve arrangement to get the three zone air control.
Oh well. I guess some consolation to know that it's at least not dying. The funny thing is I get it even when the engine cooling fan runs after the ignition is totally switched off and air con is off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts