Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I'm new to forums so forgive me if my questions seem stupid!

I collected my Tarraco 13th August 2020 & have read the sales brochure &
Owner's Manual that came with the car but can't seem to use some functions even though I have enabled them through settings. My 3 questions (so far) are:

How do i set it to display Road Signs on the dashboard? The manual shows it should be in the centre part of the dash.

I have the lights switched to auto but haven't got an A on the main beam light on dash. Does this mean it will not work? This is an important function to me as I only have the use of one arm.

The blind spot detection doesn't seem to flash on the mirrors.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Roy

·
Registered
323 Posts
Welcome to the forum Roy.
As for your questions for the sat nav to be on the dash there is a button on the main sat nav to move it across to the dash.
If you are talking about assisted full beam then you will need to activate this with OB eleven or Caresta as in post put up hear.
As for the blind spot on the mirror only the 1st edition has this

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies. I've looked in the manual but can't anything telling me how to activate with OB eleven or Caresta. Any advice is really appreciated.
Thank you
Roy

·
Registered
323 Posts
Roy sorry to confuse you but OBDeleven is a platform app on Android and you buy a dongle to plug into your OBD port of the car to change settings.
Carista is very similar and works with Apple but not as good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sparky13, I've just Googled for OBDeleven to see if I could find out what it is. If I understand correctly I'll be able to turn on missing functions, but what I haven't found out is why SEAT haven't included them as they are listed in the manual & sales brochure.

I'm thankful this forum helped to find this out. It seems crazy that owners have to pay for a dongle & do it themselves, I hope it's not to difficult to use.

Thanks again.
Roy

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think Roy it's a case depending on what country your in depends on what things are activated.
I'm sure most Europe country's the assisted high beam is on there.
My advice is have a good look at all the threads on this forum as there are very good instructions how to turn on these extras.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Also the beam assist will only work if you have the lane assist camera by the rear view mirror.
I'm not 100% what grade level has this on

·
Registered
105 Posts
Chubby said:
Thanks Sparky13, I've just Googled for OBDeleven to see if I could find out what it is. If I understand correctly I'll be able to turn on missing functions, but what I haven't found out is why SEAT haven't included them as they are listed in the manual & sales brochure.

I'm thankful this forum helped to find this out. It seems crazy that owners have to pay for a dongle & do it themselves, I hope it's not to difficult to use.

Thanks again.
Roy
It's not like that Roy... Both OBDEleven and Carista are 3rd party tools to enable features hidden on purpose by manufacturer or enable features available only in certain countries.

For example you could pay £££ for some feature at dealers/manufacture. With obdeleven you can pay for same feature only £ but you accept the risk of unauthorised access to car's systems and the risk that changes may break other things. Also some garages may recognise it as voiding warranty.
Some of the modifications require certain hardware to be installed in your vehicle (that hardware could be shared by few systems eg multifunction camera is used for lane assist and traffic sign recognition).

Also it allows to make modifications not intended for your model eg change odometer for petrol/diesel.

It's not difficult to use but there are risks as this is not authorised change. It's kind of playing with manufacturer's settings - powerful but risky.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the help so far. I've decided to get an OBDeleven. Before I take the plunge I've seen there are first generation & next generation models. Then there are various editions of each. There's also a pro upgrade.

I don't want to end up with the wrong one. Can anyone suggest what one I need to be able to programme functions such as auto main beam & road signs.

Thanks again
Roy

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have first generation which supports Android only. For iOS I think you have to use Next generation (but some features are still in development for iOS).

Most likely you will need PRO version for adaptations as there is no Apps for high beam or TSR.
More info here: https://obdeleven.com/en/supported-vehicles

If you like you can go for Ultimate which is essentially PRO with some gadgets like pouch and huge number of credits (useless in my opinion)

Not sure if you need extra pro licence for first-gen device though.

There will be no wrong one. It will work but may require additional activation (or pro licence) for programming if you buy the cheapest one.

Personally I'd go for NextGen PRO now

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would go with the pro version so you can do the long coding. The base version does not have enough apps for the tarroco yet to make it worthwhile. I have used ODB to code the FR dash and a tweak to the active lane assist to be more active. I plan to do the high beam assist and the traffic sign coding soon. Good instructions for the above 4 are on this site if you search for them. I am also looking at getting traffic jam assist activated as well but it may be beyond what ODB can do.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Coopers said:
I would go with the pro version so you can do the long coding. The base version does not have enough apps for the tarroco yet to make it worthwhile. I have used ODB to code the FR dash and a tweak to the active lane assist to be more active. I plan to do the high beam assist and the traffic sign coding soon. Good instructions for the above 4 are on this site if you search for them. I am also looking at getting traffic jam assist activated as well but it may be beyond what ODB can do.
Yeah u cant enable traffic jam assist with obd eleven on its own unfortunately, you need vag can pro and the files loading on. I also plan to do this and have enquired about this. Hoping to get this done soon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good news.... Following the advice given I opted for the OBDEleven lNext Gen Pro. Using the links in this group I've managed to get both Auto Main Beam and the Traffic/Road Sign Recognition working.

I'm still cannot understanding why it didn't come from the factory like this!

I've no idea if there's anything worth using it for.

Thank you to those that helped me.

Cheers
Roy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Let me know how you get on with TJA. I have also contacted some one about it and have found some information from Audi forums on how to code it. But as you say I think ours will need the files uploading let's hope they were lazy and just disabled it from the first edition cars and the codes are just hidden

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.