Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any genuine Mud Flaps installation themselves ? how hard is it?

dealer quoted me around 350€ for Mud Flaps with installation which seems a bit expensive, it's normally half that amount for other cars I had. they claim that its because both bumpers has to be removed for them to install it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have purchased a set of mudflaps from a SEAT dealer www.seatpartsshop.co.uk at a cost of £115.95 (inc shipping). They come with detailed instructions on how to install them. The bumpers do not need to be removed, only the wheels to allow access to drill holes for the fastners. I hope to fit them over the weekend weather permitting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I installed some AliExpress mudflaps (recommended here) without removing the wheels.
Front; you turn full lock to get at one side to install, then opposite lock for the other side. Rear; I used a short Philips screwdriver for the one new screw that needed a good push to pierce the plastic with the self-tapping screw. Took me longer to find the screwdriver than to install them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just fitted the Chinese mud flaps and all fitted within twenty minutes and look great on my FR sport. Was concerned the rear bumper would be a problem but glad to say it wasn’t.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts