Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Picked up my 2.0tsi X-lux today and covered 150ish miles getting it home on the motorway and also some central london miles.

Here's my feedback so far:

Still trying to find the best driving position.
Engine sounds and vibrates like a diesel on pull off until 15mph or so.
Miss the torque from a diesel, it's not slow by any means, but this car suits a lazy torquey diesel lump.
Drove the first 80miles on ECO, not realising..... Then turned the knob to Normal. That gave it a bit more life!
So many settings to figure out
I like the suspension, composed but not jarry. Corners well for something so big.
Don't like the feel of the electric steering rack. Too light and lack of feel compared to the Alhambra (old school, hydraulic power steering)

Managed to get 34mpg today. 120miles motorway, 30miles central london.

My car didn't come with a service book with the book pack. Did the dealer forget or are we on digital service history with the Tarraco?

Looking forward to giving it a good clean (the PDI clean was a joke) and apply paint protection and start to modify it, weather permitting!

Al.

From dealer to work!

Loaded up! Need to do another run tmrw, my old Alhambra would have done it in one... :(

·
Registered
436 Posts
Digital service book yes, under car settings you see when the service is due on the screen. Set up individual settings for sports steering. Personally I find the steering very direct and progressive, light , yes but in either sports mode or individual it can be hardened.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stellamaris5 said:
Digital service book yes, under car settings you see when the service is due on the screen. Set up individual settings for sports steering. Personally I find the steering very direct and progressive, light , yes but in either sports mode or individual it can be hardened.
Thanks for that tip. Now drive in individual mode with sport steering :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Bear in mind, if you have the DSG they gearbox will always revert to Normal after tuning the car off regardless of where the knob is pointing to, so you will have to change it back to Individual (in your case every time.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stellamaris5 said:
Bear in mind, if you have the DSG they gearbox will always revert to Normal after tuning the car off regardless of where the knob is pointing to, so you will have to change it back to Individual (in your case every time.
I thought that today when I drove the car.... steering seemed light!

No wonder!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have the individual mode set to eco on engine, sport for ACC and steering ,and air con normal.
I find that on ACC the car picks up better speed when overtaking with this setup.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think it's just how efficient the air con is or how powerful it is.
A pointless thing I think tbh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.