Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As if it wasn't bad enough to not have blind spot monitoring, the Tarraco I got doesn't even have a wide blind spot mirror glass!

Does anyone know if there is a factory wide angle mirror available? Don't want to stick an after market blind spot wedge on the glass to be honest.

Annoyed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
I'm not sure is the 1st edition ones fit and work.
TBO i don't find the car has a bad blind spot area
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First editions have a proper blind spot monitoring system. Nearly all modern cars have a wide angle (convex) mirror glass, usually indicated by a dotted or solid line on the mirrornglass. Our drivers side mirror is just flat glass.

The Ateca comes with a convex mirror glass.

Go figure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
vib1288 said:
First editions have a proper blind spot monitoring system. Nearly all modern cars have a wide angle (convex) mirror glass, usually indicated by a dotted or solid line on the mirrornglass. Our drivers side mirror is just flat glass.

The Ateca comes with a convex mirror glass.

Go figure.
You sound cheesed off buddy :(

Did the Al Hambra have a convex mirror?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tic-tac-tarraco said:
vib1288 said:
First editions have a proper blind spot monitoring system. Nearly all modern cars have a wide angle (convex) mirror glass, usually indicated by a dotted or solid line on the mirrornglass. Our drivers side mirror is just flat glass.

The Ateca comes with a convex mirror glass.

Go figure.
You sound cheesed off buddy :(

Did the Al Hambra have a convex mirror?
Yes it did, which is why I notice it missing even more....

Also, I have rather limited neck articulation compared to an average Joe, so looking over my shoulder is not something that I can do easily without a second thought. Hence I rely on the mirrors more than most when I drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Unfortunately yes, no BSD except on First Edition Models which are no longer made, and yes the mirror are flat. Try to play around with them and the angles, push the out more to make your view wider is all I can advise.
Apart from that, I remember seeing some king of mirror sticker you can put on to add a convex edge , maybe search for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stellamaris5 said:
Unfortunately yes, no BSD except on First Edition Models which are no longer made, and yes the mirror are flat. Try to play around with them and the angles, push the out more to make your view wider is all I can advise.
Apart from that, I remember seeing some king of mirror sticker you can put on to add a convex edge , maybe search for that.
That's what I found annoying. You buy the X-Lux and you expect it to be fully loaded seeing that it wasn't in the options list for the car.

I'll see how i get on with it. I can stick on one of those dome mirrors (have used them previously) but tech has moved on and now you have electronic BSD systems.

In researching this, you can actually buy retro fit kits now. They wont give you the BSD display in the mirror glass but you can mount the indicator near ther door tweeter. The kits are around £70. May give it a go when the weather gets warmer.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Vib I'm thinking the wiring might be the same as the 1st edition in the mirror itself.
If so then just a replacement glass from the 1st edition might work
Just a guess but might be worth looking into.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got an up date on this.

The mirror is meant to be the same as the Ateca. Due to lock down haven't been able to physically go and check.

Managed to find a replacement mirror listed for an Ateca with the blind spot line for £13 del off ebay. Took a gamble and bought it, fingers crossed it will fit, up date when it arrives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I researched quite a bit but it seems to me that the radars for the blind spot detection is not on any Tarraco model except the first editions one. Seem awkward that we can't even add it as an option in UK while in some EU countries and even New Zealand it is there. Might choose a Skoda Kodiaq Edition but the price may be too high after I add the park assist etc to the Kodiaq.

If the radars are there, we could potentially have rear assist too on the Tarraco but I don't hold my breath.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mirror glass has come in and the shape is a perfect match. Quality looks good, no sharp edges etc and has the all important blind spot part at the edge.

I don't want to fit it yet, as I have some mirror covers to arrive and will do it all in one go, as the mirror glass needs to be removed to fit the covers.

Here is the link for the Left side (UK passenger)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143291435394

and the the right side (drivers side)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-ATECA-2016-DOOR-WING-MIRROR-GLASS-HEATED-WIDE-ANGLE-ASPHERIC-RIGHT-H-S/123799361008?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The picture in the listing is in-correct and you will receive the correct mirror for a Ateca/Tarraco.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
vib1288 said:
Mirror glass has come in and the shape is a perfect match. Quality looks good, no sharp edges etc and has the all important blind spot part at the edge.

I don't want to fit it yet, as I have some mirror covers to arrive and will do it all in one go, as the mirror glass needs to be removed to fit the covers.

Here is the link for the Left side (UK passenger)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143291435394

and the the right side (drivers side)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-ATECA-2016-DOOR-WING-MIRROR-GLASS-HEATED-WIDE-ANGLE-ASPHERIC-RIGHT-H-S/123799361008?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Do you just lever the glass out and push fit on or is it more complicated?

The picture in the listing is in-correct and you will receive the correct mirror for a Ateca/Tarraco.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes, the mirror just levers and pops out. New one will pop in.

Make sure when you pop it out to un-plug the heating wires before trying to take it away from the housing.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top