Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This is my first post. I have ordered a Tarraco Excellence Lux 1.5 in Dark camouflage green with a panoramic roof. I placed my order on 23rd June 2021 and was given a provisional delivery date of 31st October 2021. I ordered the car after getting a quote from CorWow. Today I was looking at Carwow to get an updated valuation on my trade in (it's going up) and I noticed that they are saying that build time is now 28 weeks for some specs. Anyone else know about this? How long are present deliveries taking? Will mine still be ready for October?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Adihall,

I placed my order on 17th May and am expecting delivery start of September.

So about 3 months for me; your 4 month lead time sounds about right with the current semi conductor shortage and influx of tonnes of orders for the Taracco

·
Registered
9 Posts
See post Order Status. I ordered mine end of March build w/c 27, dealer still has no idea when built but based on above post, Likely 6months plus between ordering and receiving the car,

·
Registered
98 Posts
My order was placed with dealer on 19th April using one of the cars they alrady had in the system. Build week 26 and not built yet. My order is 2L TDI Excellence Lux with Pano roof. Hoping in time for Oct for my birthday. Dealer chasing SEAT for answers on build issues but getting no answers. Fingers crossed as I am told cars are trickling through, but dpends on specs ordered.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I placed an order on 6th May but was told it'd be week 35 build in August and to expect deliver late Sept or October. Have just chased for an update as need to work out whether I need to extend my current lease!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just received an email from my dealer with an update. My car is now in planning for scheduling of its production. Whatever that means?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer i picked mine up from last week said they are now looking at 2022 for cars now. But its an industry wide issue. Land rover dealer told me December for a discovery sport and even then they hadnt been given confirmation from land rover themselves

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had some bad news last week. Turns out my dealer has ordered an automatic instead of a manual. Seat won't amend the order so it has been cancelled and reordered putting me to the back of the queue. I don't even have an estimated delivery date now. Waiting for Seat to get back to me and for the dealer to let me know what goodwill gesture they are going to offer for the mistake.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Adihall said:
Had some bad news last week. Turns out my dealer has ordered an automatic instead of a manual. Seat won't amend the order so it has been cancelled and reordered putting me to the back of the queue. I don't even have an estimated delivery date now. Waiting for Seat to get back to me and for the dealer to let me know what goodwill gesture they are going to offer for the mistake.
Why not keep the auto? Combined with adaptive cruise control makes driving effortless.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was not given the choice by the dealer, they cancelled and reordered without telling me. Probably due to price difference.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Adihall said:
Good luck with getting your car sorted. They should have spoken to you first.
Mine was ordered 19th April, and had a call yesterday advising is now built, and awaiting transit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The general manager of the dealers rang me to outline the production process and how the status works. He said that when a car reaches status 20 that is normally set in stone, but that is not the case now. Although my car had to be reordered, they kept the original order in the system. However not only did they order the wrong gearbox, they missed off the pan roof. Anyway they have offered me the choice of the two cars. The auto has a build week 2, the manual a build week 9. Having revisited the dealer and had a test drive of the auto, I think I will forego the pan roof and go for the auto to have an earlier ( hopefully March 1st) delivery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tdi excellence 4drive lease ordered 17th October ‘21.
initial delivery 9/3/22. pushed back 1 week then 2 more push backs, now 7/4/22.
If I was to take out the monthly lease today its Increased another £30 per month.

·
Registered
4 Posts
just received update from the dealer. I ordered my Taracco fr sport in dolphin grey 2.0 dsg on 27/09/2021, the vehicle due go into production week commencing 17th Jan and should arrive beginning to mid February. When I ordered the vehicle the dealer told me late Mart. So that’s great news 😆

·
Registered
16 Posts
Even worse news I’m afraid, wall street journal on Tuesday reported that the factory in Ukraine producing wiring and wiring looms for VW group cars and they’ve suspended production in Dresden and Zwickau, Wolfsburg plant reducing production next week and closing the week after but “VW are working on alternative solutions”.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts