Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a new owner of a Tarraco 1.5 TSI Manual Xcellence as of last week. I was originally looking at purchasing a Kodiaq but took advantage of the Black Friday event that Evans Halshaw was running as the discount was so good.

The car is great but i am seeing some issues with the 1st to 2nd gear change 'jerkiness'. According to the dealer my car should have the update for the problem but i'll need to get this checked out. The only other issue is the really poor mpg i'm seeing around the town, although to be fair i had 42mpg on a longer run.

All the best,

Shaun

·
Registered
47 Posts
The software update makes a significant difference to the drive in 1st/2nd gear, but it's certainly not perfect.

Mileage: We are driving mainly around town so a bit of stop/start with traffic lights and roundabouts. The car will usually have five occupants and is driven in Sport mode with aircon on all the time....I.e we have not been trying to be economic with our driving. We get about 35 mpg, but it can range from 30-38mpg.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've spoken to my local dealer today (i purchased from another town) and the update is still showing as outstanding so it's booked in for it this Thursday. MPG sounds positive Leprechaun, fingers crossed mine improves to that level soon.

Thanks all for the welcome : )

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, well the judder/kangarooing is still there but thankfully the lack of torque issue seems to have gone. The kangaroo problem only seems to be there on the initial start from cold and once i have a couple of clicks on the temp gauge it's barely noticeable. The car only has a couple of hundred miles on it, does anyone think it's likely to improve further? I love the car apart from this, well apart from the luggage cover and the rear seat belts being caught by it lol.

I'll probably get in touch with Seat to log it as an issue and see what they have to say about my options.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Did they have a 1.5 for you to test drive before your order? Wondering if that one was working as it should and why others show a different behaviour after the fix.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, they had a First Edition that had the same engine, but it was brought round for my test drive. It'd be unfair to say it was warmed up but it was definitely not started from cold. The test drive was pretty short and tbh i only recalled a couple of junctions to pull away from and there were no issues. The issue seems very inconsistent, sometimes it's really bad and other times barely noticeable. I see on other forums there are a number theories to why this is happening but the upshot is that it's a definite flaw with the engine. At best it's annoying and spoils the drive, at worst it's dangerous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.