Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Been browsing the forum and decided to join.

I am hoping to buy a Tarraco this weekend. Going to test drive and have a look at a 2.0tsi 190 dsg xcellence first edition plus - what a mouth full 馃槀 i will be trading in my 17plate leon cupra ST300 4drive dsg

Is there anything i should look out for that tend to be broken etc as its a used one. 19 plate with around 8k miles on the clock.

One thing im not sure as ive seen and read most dont have a spare wheel?? As its the edition plus with beats audio does this like the rest of the vag range come with a spare as the sub sits inside the wheel? As with many people i dont like the sealant stuff at all!

Thanks and hope to chat to a few of you in the future.

Adrian

Registered
Hi Adrian,

You should still be able to get a spare wheel for it, I have checked on SEAT'S system and the spare wheel listed doesn't say "not compatible" with anything.

I think most new cars don't come with the spare wheel anymore due to cost, the tyre sealant costs the manufacture 拢10 where the spare wheel is a lot more expensive.

We can supply the spare wheel if yours does not come with one.

Here is the link https://www.seat.fish-bros-parts.co.uk/parts/tarraco/accessories-tarraco/wheel-accessories-accessories-tarraco/seat-tarraco-spare-wheel-kit/

Stay Safe

SDP

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, i was under the impression as the car has beats audio the subwoofer has to sit inside a spare wheel. But wanted confirmation from another owner with beats audio. But will bear in mind if it doesnt, i actually purchased my roofbars and footpack for my cupra st from you last year, could you price up the footpack i need for the tarraco as its a raised rail rather than flush on the cupra st.

Thanks

Adrian

Premium Member
AdrianC said:
Hi all

Been browsing the forum and decided to join.

I am hoping to buy a Tarraco this weekend. Going to test drive and have a look at a 2.0tsi 190 dsg xcellence first edition plus - what a mouth full 馃槀 i will be trading in my 17plate leon cupra ST300 4drive dsg

Is there anything i should look out for that tend to be broken etc as its a used one. 19 plate with around 8k miles on the clock.

One thing im not sure as ive seen and read most dont have a spare wheel?? As its the edition plus with beats audio does this like the rest of the vag range come with a spare as the sub sits inside the wheel? As with many people i dont like the sealant stuff at all!

Thanks and hope to chat to a few of you in the future.

Adrian
Hi Adrian,
I have a 2.0D 190 DSG 4Drive xcellence launch edition with Beats. It has a spare wheel.

I totally agree with you re the sealant, I'd rather have a wheel. I actually don't see the point of the sealant as the tires are self sealing which in my view rules out the use of the kit. I had an issue with the wheel valves. (Due to my own stupidity) If I didn't have a spare I would have been up S creek without a paddle.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

Thanks for confirming. Im glad it comes with a spare. Also didnt realise the tyres were the self sealing ones! The one i will be looking at will have the 20" alloys :roll: rather it didnt as dread to think how much they will cost to replace...

Is there anything else i need to look for?

Registered
My car has the Beats system AND a spare wheel, but I have a feeling the spare wheel was an option. My First Edition was a dealer demonstrator and seems to have a host of options so I can't be absolutely sure what would have been standard.

The one thing I was thankful for was that the First Edition cars had the Qi wireless charging pad in the cubby hole which was deleted from the cars after the initial release.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi

Yeah the car otherwise is fully loaded as its a first edition plus model! Obv except for spare wheel. At least it can be added if i chose to do so at a later date.

Should be collecting it this sunday.

Its a white one which havent seen many of them

Registered
AdrianC said:
Hi

Yeah the car otherwise is fully loaded as its a first edition plus model! Obv except for spare wheel. At least it can be added if i chose to do so at a later date.

Should be collecting it this sunday.

Its a white one which havent seen many of them
Here is my white one!
View attachment 285

Attachments

Registered
AdrianC said:
Very nice! Like the side steps too, are they oem ones?
Yes they are, the car was a three week old staff car, so it was fully loaded with extras.

I'm not a fan of the sidesteps tbh, as I find them a bit of a nuisance, and Mrs McS finds they mark the back of her trousers as she gets in and out. With the car having the sports style seats you have to lift yourself in and out and thats when they catch her legs.

I would think that for anyone with small children they would be useful for or those who are vertically challenged.

I also found that the tread grips on them are slippy when they are wet, so you would have to be careful when using them.

On the rare occasion that I hand wash the car, they are not wide enough to stand on without opening the doors to wash the roof, so I use a small step ladder.

Aesthetically I love the look.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like i wont be getting this white one now... Nav issue isnt sorted and found out is a known fault on a certain number of tarracos. So dealer has got us a grey one same spec but this one has a spare wheel 馃槏 all being well few things need sorting before we pick up hopefully next weekend or weekend after!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Picked up the tarraco on friday, xcellence first edition + in indium grey! So far i have debadged the rear, looks sooo much better! Fitted front and rear dash cams. Coded traffic sign recignition, coded sports dash, coded out the annoying beep when tailgate shuts with virtual pedal. Added the tray for under the armrest.

Next is to get the traffic jam assist coded
Have a few things on order from aliexpress aswell

Here she is, if i have managed to attach the pics lol

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Car Plant Vehicle registration plate

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi i have removed rear badges on most cars i have owned. I use a heat gun and a trim tool with a thin cloth like a glasses clotch around the edge so as not to catch paint and pry off once adhesive has softened. Then use some tar and glue remover or wd40 works too and polish up with some compound

Registered
If you car has stuck on badges and is relatively new (any make of car), lets say under 4months, then first method is boiling water from a kettle. The water will heat up the adhesive and the flow will normally be enough to run the badge off. Totally clean paint underneath and no need to clean up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.