Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just bought a 2yr old White Taracco Xcellence AWD DSG 190 TDI as a family car and loving it so far. It had the Seat sidesteps and the sunroof already fitted and got them to throw in the Seat roof bars & roof box so hopefully it's the perfect car for camping trips.
I'm finding my first auto gearbox a bit annoying as it seems to think about it longer than I'd like before taking off. It's probably something I need to get used to.

Really glad to find this forum , it's been really useful so far. I'm just looking for anyone with experience of the following;

Sidesteps rust. Seems odd but there are a few spots of rust appearing on the top surface of the steps. Anyone with similar issues know how to treat these? They're aluminium so I wouldn't expect the orange rust spots I'm seeing.

Roof bars and box - does anyone have the instructions manuals for these? I've had a bit of a search around but can't find them online so far. I'll ask the dealership if they can help too. Also, do the bars or box interfere with the sunroof operation? Saw some info that it implied some of the boxes are only suitable for sunroofs on certain models.

Thanks everyone. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
The rust spots might be iron fall out from your brake disks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sparky13 said:
The rust spots might be iron fall out from your brake disks
That's a good thought. I tackled a couple of the spots with some light autosol treatment and they've disappeared. I think I'll do that all around and then just monitor what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts