Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the unit I need to do coding on the Tarraco?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OBDeleven-Standard-Voltas-Diagnostic-%C5%A0koda/dp/B07L75WVFL/ref=pd_sbs_263_t_0/257-3898424-5217863?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07L75WVFL&pd_rd_r=a053f305-8639-4c3d-bc82-864ebc28e536&pd_rd_w=QKhtR&pd_rd_wg=B453g&pf_rd_p=e44592b5-e56d-44c2-a4f9-dbdc09b29395&pf_rd_r=2A4EE6MR40RHJZAYMKFX&psc=1&refRID=2A4EE6MR40RHJZAYMKFX

If it is wrong, please point me in the right direction.

I want to code:

Speed Limit display
High Beam Assist
Seat Belt Warning removal

Those of you with OBD11, is it tied to one VIN# or can you use it to do another car?

I am looking to do some coding and have a fully paid Vagcom but since the MQB platform my cable will no longer work with the Tarraco.

Hence I'm looking at the OBD11. If it's not tied to a VIN# then could I use someone elses unit and code my own car?

Is it something to do with credits?

If I can use someone elses OBD11, I'm happy to pay a rental charge to let me use it.

Await your answers/offers!

Al.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes thats the correct unit, connected to the ODB port under the steering wheel.
You use the app to log in to your account so you can use and adapter and connect it to the app. It will scan and dispay what options you can change. AFAIK there are very few apps (or none) for the Tarraco that you can use credit on but you can long code for free.

https://forum.obdeleven.com/board/339/tarraco

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stellamaris5 said:
Yes you do, software license nothing to do with the dongle, they're all the same
So let me try and ask this to clarify:

Even if I buy the £42.99 one from amazon, I will still have to pay to upgrade to pro before I can long code?

If so, do you know how much it is for the upgrade to pro?

If it's not substantially cheaper, may as well just a current model, the Next Gen Pro.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I may of found the answer myself, here is a translation of an Amazon review dated 20 jan 2020, but translated from Italian:

OBDeleven is a product that attached to the OBD port of your car allows you to understand if there are errors in the control unit, solve them and modify them.
This product works in combination with its "OBDeleven" APP which you download for Android systems (for IOS they are working on it) and allows you to perform tests and modifications.
There are 2 ways to operate:
Way with credits or by purchasing the PRO version which costs 24.99 euros.
Now I will explain what can be done in the Free mode and with the PRO.
FREE MODE:
Free mode without having the activation code to the Pro and allows you to make changes without using the complete codes.
In the application there are APP that are already programmed to do some things (depending on the car) and these have a cost in credits ranging from 10 to 100 credits that can be purchased starting from 1.80 euros for 10 credits to do :
Disable AM frequencies on the radio
Turn on the daytime running lights
Activate or deactivate Star & Stop
Change color in the Discover media (VW) system
Set steering sensitivity
Set up Lane Assist
The virtual Cockpit
Switching on of interior lights in progression
Automatic closing of the mirrors
Enable the fog lights when cornering
Enable video on the go (Discover Pro)
And many others.
You choose what you want to reprogram and press the appropriate App that does it all by itself, you consume the credits and make the change.
PRO version:
Here things are a bit more complicated. The same settings that are done with the APP and many more, are done by inserting the code in the Bytes and BITs of each setting you want to put, in this way the Apps are not used and you must not use the credits therefore no extra money (apart from the PRO license).
This is useful for those who tinker a lot or who do it for work.
On the web there are pages of Vag codes with explanations of the way to go.
ES:

Activate emergency lights in case of sudden braking
Central 09
Go to Long coding and enter in Byte 16 i
Bit 1,2,3

Then go to menu 9 which concerns the control unit go to complete coding go to byte 16 and check the bits.
It seems difficult but it is not so
As said in this way the encodings are many more and more specific.
In my case owning a Tiguan with the Cockpit I did not like the representation of the odometer and tachometer lacked the intermediate speed making the whole a little empty.
With the coding I have inserted the visualization of the Golf R much more complete. (There is that of the Golf GTI, All track and others)
Then I enabled RGB colors both in the Discover media and in the cockpit with 30 colors of your choice, in fact I now have the display of the Golf R and the yellow color.
Then I raised the fog lights in cornering mode they went off above 40Km, I set that they work up to 60KM.
This is the code:
Adjusting Cornering Fog Light Sensitivity (Speed Threshold)
With the above tweak enabled, this will adjust the speed in which cornering fog lights will turn on. Fog lights must be fitted.
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Security Code 31347
Adaptation
(3) Static cornering light lower speed threshold
New Value = 0
(4) Static cornering light upper speed threshold
New Value = 60
Only 2 examples but there are many codes available just look for a bit.
In addition to this, the data of each component in the car can be known. The serial numbers and the software version present
So this is what OBDeleven does in a few lines
If I have problems with this product in the future, I will update the review.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the OBD11 from Amazon. had to use it right away after my airbag light and SOS telephone failure got lit up after I unplugged the passenger airbag switch.

:D

Paid for the Pro license, waiting for the code to come through.

·
Registered
174 Posts
vib1288 said:
Got the OBD11 from Amazon. had to use it right away after my airbag light and SOS telephone failure got lit up after I unplugged the passenger airbag switch.

:D

Paid for the Pro license, waiting for the code to come through.
If you're buying the pro package together with the dongle, the license gets activated when you use the app and dongle for the first time. I was expecting a code at first and there wasn't one. Maybe this doesn't apply to your case ifyou're buying the licence on its own.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to update, email come through with the pro-unlock code (went to spam box) and have updated the OBD11 to Pro.

So far have done all the programming I wanted: High Beam assist, Speed Limit indicator and seat belt warning delete.

·
Registered
325 Posts
How easy was the beam assist to do was it on an app.
I must get one of these.
What do the speed indicator do ?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everything was straight forward following the instructions found on this forum. But you need the pro addition to be able to do it.

So just buy the basic white dongle then pay for the pro upgrade from the website. Cheaper than buying the newer pro package.

So £43 + €25 for pro upgrade.

Speed limit display utilises the front camera to read the actual roadside speed limit signs and displays it on the dashboard in the Speedo dial.

So rather than just rely on GPS speed data, it actually picks up the road sign.

I also just added the FR sport display, which has a central rev counter. Doubt I'll use it but I got the dongle so as well get my monies worth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.