Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like in some models (or for certain markets) Lane assist is delivered in limited version.
There is only option to correct steering / warn if crossing lane line and there is no option to center the vehicle in lane. It's called Adaptive lane guidance.

If you have OBDeleven you can easily enable the missing option.

Note:
I didn't find anything about Tarraco yet so I used some my knowledge about Ateca followed by some info about Golf and other cars from VAG group.
It worked on my Tarraco but I cannot guarantee it will work on every car.
If you are not familiar with such types of modifications - don't do it.
You are doing it at your own risk - I'm not responsible for any faults, damages, loss etc.

Prerequisites:
  • OBDeleven (of course :lol: )
  • vehicle must be equipped with Multi Function Camera (in centre top of windscreen)
  • Turn ON the ignition but don't start engine

Procedure:
  1. Always make backups
  2. [Vehicle] Open menu "Settings" -> "Assist systems" -> scroll to Lane assist. If there is only one option and "Adaptive Lane Guidance" is not there - you are good to go.
  3. [OBDeleven] In "Control Units" select "Front Sensors Driver Assistance System" (module A5)
  4. select "Security Access", enter the code 20103
  5. select "Long Coding" and find "Point_of_intervention". It should say "late"
  6. change it to "early (setting via menu)"
  7. press and hold green tick mark
  8. [Vehicle] Second option "Adaptive Lane Guidance" should appear.
  9. select it and enjoy self-driving car! :lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure how in the UK but definitely it's missing in Ireland.
I've seen on Youtube one guy was presenting how the car is self driving like that in Germany or the Netherlands so I presume it's available there.
It is the same as in Ateca.

See this thread to see what I'm talking about.
https://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=923

In my new Tarraco I also had one option available and the car corrected steering when I approached / crossed lane line.

After enabling and switching on the second option - the car keeps itself in the centre of lane (under certain conditions of course).

·
Registered
436 Posts
pch said:
Not sure how in the UK but definitely it's missing in Ireland.
I've seen on Youtube one guy was presenting how the car is self driving like that in Germany or the Netherlands so I presume it's available there.
It is the same as in Ateca.

See this thread to see what I'm talking about.
https://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=923

In my new Tarraco I also had one option available and the car corrected steering when I approached / crossed lane line.

After enabling and switching on the second option - the car keeps itself in the centre of lane (under certain conditions of course).
OK weird, It works fine in the UK out of the box but we don't get traffic sign recognition

·
Registered
29 Posts
pch you're my new best friend (whether you like it or not 😂) as mentioned in the other thread I picked up my new tarraco and was underwhelmed with the lane assist.

But judging by your above post, I can see we were a little short changed in Ireland but at least I should be able to configure it with the ODB11.

I'm ordering one now! Cheers!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shades799 said:
pch you're my new best friend (whether you like it or not 😂) as mentioned in the other thread I picked up my new tarraco and was underwhelmed with the lane assist.

But judging by your above post, I can see we were a little short changed in Ireland but at least I should be able to configure it with the ODB11.

I'm ordering one now! Cheers!
I like it :lol:
If any problems - let me know. If you are close to D15 - I can use mine for that (if not ordered yet)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Would you believe, I'm in Dublin 15 too! I've ordered mine and it'll be here on Tuesday, but thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
pch said:
It looks like in some models (or for certain markets) Lane assist is delivered in limited version.
There is only option to correct steering / warn if crossing lane line and there is no option to center the vehicle in lane. It's called Adaptive lane guidance.

If you have OBDeleven you can easily enable the missing option.

Note:
I didn't find anything about Tarraco yet so I used some my knowledge about Ateca followed by some info about Golf and other cars from VAG group.
It worked on my Tarraco but I cannot guarantee it will work on every car.
If you are not familiar with such types of modifications - don't do it.
You are doing it at your own risk - I'm not responsible for any faults, damages, loss etc.

Prerequisites:
  • OBDeleven (of course :lol: )
  • vehicle must be equipped with Multi Function Camera (in centre top of windscreen)

Procedure:
  1. Always make backups
  2. [Vehicle] Open menu "Settings" -> "Assist systems" -> scroll to Lane assist. If there is only one option and "Adaptive Lane Guidance" is not there - you are good to go.
  3. [OBDeleven] In "Control Units" select "Front Sensors Driver Assistance System" (module A5)
  4. select "Security Access", enter the code 20103
  5. select "Long Coding" and find "Point_of_intervention". It should say "late"
  6. change it to "early (setting via menu)"
  7. press and hold green tick mark
  8. [Vehicle] Second option "Adaptive Lane Guidance" should appear.
  9. select it and enjoy self-driving car! :lol:
These steps worked perfectly pch, cheers for that! Quick one though, do you still get the alerts to take control after 15 seconds or so? I know we're not at full autonomous driving yet and I'm 100% responsible for my car, but I think it defeats the purpose if you have to keep checking in with the car every 15 seconds. Am I expecting too much??

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, you are expecting too much (as of now :lol: )
You are still responsible for driving the car...

The system senses small moves of the steering wheel from your hands so it's enough to keep them on the steering wheel and the car will do the rest. No need to jerk to keep the system on. But it wants to be prepared for driver intervention at any time.

That 15 seconds is great help but I found few times that this system is not perfect. Even when driving with allowed speed (around 80-100km/h) some bends were too sharp for it - I was getting out...

Have a different look on that: it's very comfy driving on motorway where you only have to keep hands on the steering wheel. You don't have to push any force (in 95% of cases) to steer, even - you can give one hand short break while your steering wheel moves for you...

Not autonomous but it's great step towards that :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

I'm interested in coding this but had a quick query on it.

Does the car remember the last setting, ie if you turn it off will it stay of or does it automatically turn on when you start the vehicle?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This coding enable one more option in the menu - and it does permanently (until you change back to late again / replace faulty module / restore defaults in module etc).

Once the option is enabled - you can switch it on/off in car's menu so you can deactivate it at any stage during driving. Alternatively you can use 'Assistants menu' on the dashboard to temp disable.

As with other settings of the car - they keep state between restarts.

Read through steps for coding - it will be easier to understand.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.