Seat Tarraco Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
SizzlingPotato said:
Just ordered an obdeleven. Would coding in TSR ourselves affect warranty in the future?
In most cases they will not notice. It might (unlikely) get overriden if they update vehicle firmware and wipe customisations.

But if you start complaining to the garage that this (or something around) is not working - they may compare to the defaults and see the difference. They have the right to void warranty due to unauthorised change.

In my opinion - there is no big risk.

I had in Ateca a couple of customisations - (including this one) since the car was 2 months old and despite few visits to the garage - they didn't notice for 3 years.

·
Registered
28 Posts
pch said:
taxi38 said:
Does the OBDeleven create the backup before programming ? or do I need any other equipment ? Also has anyone been able to disable rear seatbelt alarms ?
You can create full backup of a module within an app with a click. Not sure if it's taken automatically though. Anyway with every change it keeps 'previous value' and 'new value' for changed registry/byte/bit.
it records all your changes and logs them in a history, so you can revert.

·
Registered
28 Posts
SizzlingPotato said:
Just ordered an obdeleven. Would coding in TSR ourselves affect warranty in the future?
I'd keep away from anything affecting engine,brakes,gearbox etc, but soft changes like this for displays/lights shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
436 Posts
alas00 said:
SizzlingPotato said:
I'd keep away from anything affecting engine,brakes,gearbox etc, but soft changes like this for displays/lights shouldn't be an issue.
The changes available in ODB11 are already in the software of the car and available so you are not making changes that are not meant to be made, these are already there but only hidden for different brands (VW, SEAT, SKODA , AUDI) withing the VAG group.

You are not making coding changes of the firmware only enabling/disabling and adjusting parameters already within safe limits.

ODB11 is just scanning and reading the already programmed software of the car, it's not adding anything

·
Registered
174 Posts
stellamaris5 said:
alas00 said:
SizzlingPotato said:
The changes available in ODB11 are already in the software of the car and available so you are not making changes that are not meant to be made, these are already there but only hidden for different brands (VW, SEAT, SKODA , AUDI) withing the VAG group.

You are not making coding changes of the firmware only enabling/disabling and adjusting parameters already within safe limits.

ODB11 is just scanning and reading the already programmed software of the car, it's not adding anything
Nice one, thanks. I've just received the device so can't wait to give it a go 👍

·
Registered
174 Posts
Jack1364 said:
I wasn't able to follow these steps unfortunately to get it to work because the module 5f for some reason is missing. I was able do it following another forum users steps though and it was pretty straight forward 41AC2B0F-48D0-4A87-A0EE-315556B26118.jpeg3D407A58-472D-4ED5-B47C-B88D852D0279.jpeg39FA9AE2-849B-4C43-901F-E95C8C426492.jpeg
Is that a standard view in your 3rd photo or did you do something to get it? The one with a large central dial and the revs on the outside. I quite like that one. I don't get that view but instead I have one with the revs running along the left edge of the dash and the speed running along the right edge of the dash.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
SizzlingPotato said:
Jack1364 said:
I wasn't able to follow these steps unfortunately to get it to work because the module 5f for some reason is missing. I was able do it following another forum users steps though and it was pretty straight forward 41AC2B0F-48D0-4A87-A0EE-315556B26118.jpeg3D407A58-472D-4ED5-B47C-B88D852D0279.jpeg39FA9AE2-849B-4C43-901F-E95C8C426492.jpeg
Is that a standard view in your 3rd photo or did you do something to get it? The one with a large central dial and the revs on the outside. I quite like that one. I don't get that view but instead I have one with the revs running along the left edge of the dash and the speed running along the right edge of the dash.
It's sport dashboard. Here's the instruction how to get it: https://www.tarracoforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=259#p1801

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
SizzlingPotato said:
pch said:
Would you share the other method?
pch, do you know what the module 5f change is for if it works without? Contemplating if it's best to just do it or leave it out.
Per analogy of other 5F functions I'm almost certain it's responsible for displaying additional settings like there:

Font Screenshot Multimedia Rectangle Software

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
pch said:
SizzlingPotato said:
pch said:
pch, do you know what the module 5f change is for if it works without? Contemplating if it's best to just do it or leave it out.
Per analogy of other 5F functions I'm almost certain it's responsible for displaying additional settings like there:

20191210_184807 - Copy.jpg
Oh brilliant! That's exactly what I was hoping the TSR would do - to give a warning when you're over the limit. Thanks I'm going out now to do the TSR and the sports dash!

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
pch said:
SizzlingPotato said:
pch said:

Has anyone managed to get up the dynamic road sign display menu? If so could you explain how to activate it please. I have TSR activated & it works perfect.

Thanks,
Damo.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Damoirl said:
pch said:
SizzlingPotato said:

Has anyone managed to get up the dynamic road sign display menu? If so could you explain how to activate it please. I have TSR activated & it works perfect.

Thanks,
Damo.
Did you manage to find module 5F in obdeleven? Once in control unit 5F, I followed the instructions by pch and then rebooted the radio/sat nav unit by holding the on/off knob for 5 seconds. Then the driver assistance menu showed the TSR options where you can set whether you want warnings and at what speed over the limit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys I am a new Tarraco owner in need of help. I activated traffic sign following the guide above. It seems to he working but I keep getting a fault under 17 dash board saying control modual incorrectly coded. This fault cannot be cleared for some reason. Also when I open the drivers door it shows the passenger door open vice versa. In my excitement of enabling this I forgot to do a back up silly me. I no its somthing to do with section section 17 of the guide tap 0/1 icon on the top right to switch to byte codingselect Byte 05tap Bit 2 as I think I pressed the wrong one and cannot remember the old option. Please can someone help me would really appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Hi guys I am a new Tarraco owner in need of help. I activated traffic sign following the guide above. It seems to he working but I keep getting a fault under 17 dash board saying control modual incorrectly coded. This fault cannot be cleared for some reason. Also when I open the drivers door it shows the passenger door open vice versa. In my excitement of enabling this I forgot to do a back up silly me. I no its somthing to do with section section 17 of the guide tap 0/1 icon on the top right to switch to byte codingselect Byte 05tap Bit 2 as I think I pressed the wrong one and cannot remember the old option. Please can someone help me would really appreciate it. Thanks
In the app if you click on your car there is option History which keeps track of all changes.
There is no option to undo so you have to compare old/new values what you have changed to find wrong data.
Then manual undo and do the correct change...

From History window there is also an option to send history file via email to someone. You can send to yourself and post it here.

And it looks you have not completed guide above: I clearly stated: make backup first :lol: :roll:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know i am stupid it was all the excitement. I tried the history option but for some reason it does not say the old and new valves. so i was paying around with the Byte 05 and ticked bit 2 and a soon as i press the green tick it shows fault on the dash. then i tried to get another guide from tarraco forum who was showing https://www.tarracoforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=207 but and tried to change the byte but same thing. please can you help me i just bought the car and having sleepless nights now lol :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I managed to get the history emailed to my self but its alot of history her goes: :shock:
--------------------------------
Adaptation
Control unit: 17 Dash Board
Name: Sport
Values:
---:
Old value: No display
New value: Display
Mileage: 10364 km
Date: 2019-12-13 12:22

---------------------------------------------------------------
Long coding
Control unit: 08 Air Conditioning
Values:
Blower display in auto operation:
Old value: Not activated
New value: activated
Date: 2019-12-13 12:21

Adaptation
Control unit: 5F Information Control Unit 1
Name: Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2
Values:
menu_display_road_sign_identification:
Date: 2019-12-13 11:47

Adaptation
Name: Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2
Values:
traffic_sign_recognition_0x21:
Date: 2019-12-13 11:45

Adaptation
Control unit: 09 Central Electrics
Name: Fernlicht_assistent
Values:
Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent:
Old value: Not present
New value: Present
Date: 2019-12-14 13:28

17 Dash Board
System description: KOMBI
Software number: 5FJ920790
Software version: 1701
Hardware number: 5FJ920790
Hardware version: 615
ODX name: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBA0
ODX version: 001026
Faults:
U101400 - Control module incorrectly coded
static
Date: 2019-12-14 13:18:59
Priority: 5
Malfunction frequency counter: 1
Unlearning counter: 165

17 Dash Board
System description: KOMBI
Software number: 5FJ920790
Software version: 1701
Hardware number: 5FJ920790
Hardware version: 615
ODX name: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBA0
ODX version: 001026
Faults:
U101400 - Control module incorrectly coded
static
Date: 2019-12-14 14:49:01
Mileage: 10379 km
Priority: 5
Malfunction frequency counter: 1
Unlearning counter: 166

then i tried this to undo what i did but still fault code does not delete

Adaptation
Control unit: 09 Central Electrics
Name: Fernlicht_assistent
Values:
Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent:
Old value: Present
New value: Not present
Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung:
Old value: Present
New value: Not present
Mileage: 10407 km
Date: 2019-12-15 12:10

Adaptation
Values:
Old value: activated
New value: Not activated
Date: 2019-12-14 20:42

Adaptation
Values:
Old value: activated
New value: Not activated
Date: 2019-12-14 20:39

Adaptation
Values:
Date: 2019-12-15 12:21

Adaptation
Values:
Date: 2019-12-15 12:20

Adaptation
Control unit: 17 Dash Board
Name: Sport
Values:
---:
Old value: Display
New value: No display
Date: 2019-12-15 12:18

PS sorry for bombarding you with all this on this lovely Sunday. :?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I know i am stupid it was all the excitement. I tried the history option but for some reason it does not say the old and new valves. so i was paying around with the Byte 05 and ticked bit 2 and a soon as i press the green tick it shows fault on the dash. then i tried to get another guide from tarraco forum who was showing https://www.tarracoforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=207 but and tried to change the byte but same thing. please can you help me i just bought the car and having sleepless nights now lol :cry: :cry:
Mixing methods is like with alcohol - can end up badly...

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
SizzlingPotato said:
Damoirl said:
pch said:

Thanks,
Damo.
Did you manage to find module 5F in obdeleven? Once in control unit 5F, I followed the instructions by pch and then rebooted the radio/sat nav unit by holding the on/off knob for 5 seconds. Then the driver assistance menu showed the TSR options where you can set whether you want warnings and at what speed over the limit.
Thanks SizzlingPotato,

I went through the process again & I must have missed one or two of the lines the first tIme. Seems to be working ok now. I have the menu now. I haven't taken the car for a drive so I'll see is all working on my way to work tomorrow. I have every confidence because all the TSR was working before apart from the menu.

Thanks again,
D

41 - 60 of 94 Posts