Seat Tarraco Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Shades799 said:
RE the engine running, my ODB11 quick start guide said to turn on the ignition or engine. I chose to actually start the engine to mitigate some of the battery drain I read about, so in fairness, the issue was with the quick start guide and not your instructions!
Correct! I also didn't include info how to make a backup :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello,

Finally got some time to play with this dongle.

Sadly, it's not going well. When I go to module A5 it tells me that the "control unit is not responding. Check ignition and try again"

Has anyone else had this?

I made a back-up at the start and it cycled through 26 modules recording the data, when I check the back-up it only shows 21 modules. Of course one of the missing ones is A5.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone managed to get this working on a MY21 yet?

Tried on mine and now have the menu option visible but an error message comes up for it when I start the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a UK model year 21 FR and none of the options below are there. Eg, Adaptation: "Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2" in Module 5F and there is no Byte 16 in long coding in A5 either...

Always make backups
[OBDeleven] Select "Information Control Unit" (module 5F)
select Adaptation: "Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2"
find: traffic_sign_recognition_0x21, change to activated
press and hold green tick mark and go back one step
find Adaptation: "Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2"
find: menu_display_road_sign_identification, change to activated
press and hold green tick mark and go back a few steps
select "Front Sensors Driver Assistance System" (module A5)
select "Security access", enter code 20103
select "Long Coding"
tap 0/1 icon on the top right to switch to byte coding
select Byte 16
tap Bit 4 - "Traffic sign recognition VZE" it will change to "Coded"
select "Dash Board" (module 17)
select "Long Coding"
select Byte 05
tap Bit 2
disconnect everything
press and hold radio power knob for 5-10 seconds until system reboot

·
Registered
6 Posts
The MQB A2 on which the Tarraco is built, doesn't appear to be SFD protected. If it's SFD protected how was I able to enable Light Assist and the Sports mode digital display?

So I'm still not sure why I have none of the settings for traffic light recognition that match the instructions given in the topic.

·
Registered
319 Posts
jimmyneil008 said:
The MQB A2 on which the Tarraco is built, doesn't appear to be SFD protected. If it's SFD protected how was I able to enable Light Assist and the Sports mode digital display?

So I'm still not sure why I have none of the settings for traffic light recognition that match the instructions given in the topic.
Nothing to do with the underlying platform and all to do with the firmware and the introduction of SFD after a certain point, i.e. largely coinciding with the introduction of MIB3.

To put it simply, both non SFD protected and SFD protected vehicles are MQB A2.

Owners have reported that in some models certain modules are not protected or are protected initially and are locked down with subsequent firmware updates etc.

Read the thread I referred you at the obd11 forum, there are testimonies and input of all kinds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a UK model year 21 FR and none of the options below are there. Eg, Adaptation: "Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2" in Module 5F and there is no Byte 16 in long coding in A5 either...

Always make backups
[OBDeleven] Select "Information Control Unit" (module 5F)
select Adaptation: "Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2"
find: traffic_sign_recognition_0x21, change to activated
press and hold green tick mark and go back one step
find Adaptation: "Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2"
find: menu_display_road_sign_identification, change to activated
select "Front Sensors Driver Assistance System" (module A5)
select "Security access", enter code 20103
select "Long Coding"
select Byte 16
tap Bit 4 - "Traffic sign recognition VZE" it will change to "Coded"
select "Dash Board" (module 17)
select "Long Coding"
select Byte 05
tap Bit 2
disconnect everything
press and hold radio power knob for 5-10 seconds until system reboot
Ive got the same problem, been able to do all other changes on the car. Adaptive steering, Auto headlight ect ect. But the speed sign recognition I cant find anything to change. Disappointing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Similar issue here.

I've figured out what the alternative options are buut when setting them it still does not work, no TSR. obdeleven forums indicate some hardware protections that mean it's not possible

·
Registered
319 Posts
OBD11 now supports SFD so all mods should be possible. The issue is that as new models get released module sourcing changes (the Ukraine saga hasn't helped) so some of the Adaptations and/or Long Coding names have changed.

Fortunately, VAG engineers are not very creative so most names remain relatively stable with few minor changes so a quick search for the one or two Adaptations that are not in the 2019-on first post should give you what you need.

Feel free to update this thread with any new naming conventions in the mods and I will update the first post to reflect the 2022-on differences.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts