Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys as the title says do anyone no the correct engine oil type and grade for the 2l petrol TSI Auto.
I'm thinking castrol Edge 0W 30 but not 100%

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers crumpet
I thought Castrol Edge would be a good choice

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sparky13 said:
Cheers crumpet
I thought Castrol Edge would be a good choice
Yeah but they all seem to be 5W30 not 0W30 (the ones that meet the VW specs that is) :)

You can get cheap brand oil that also meets the specs, but the Castrol should be good as it's what's recommended by VW themselves.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Noticed this morning my oil level is quite low , almost to the min level. (8k miles since new) thanks for confirming which oil is used

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
well just to confuse matters more
i have contacted 5 of my local seat dealerships, and its been a mixed bag of results to what oils to use

2 recommended 5-30 oil (castrol) £15.86 & £14 per litre bottle
1 recommended 0-20 oil (castrol) £19.55 per bottle

the remaining 2 are now contacting Seat to ask ? and will phone me back. doesnt give you much comfort when its goes to have its first service

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure I read somewhere the 0w20 was for the cupra range of seat.
I no my old car a Honda Accord the dealer started using 0W20 across the board.
But Accord being almost 10 years old hated it and reverted back to 5w 30

·
Registered
46 Posts
i Do Like the statement

"SEAT recommend using Castrol EDGE Professional when you top up your oil level. Ask your local SEAT Dealer for the exact grade required for your car."

when different dealer give different grades for the same car

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very true Huxlee.
Perhaps the 2l is also different to the 1.5 l

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Audi 190PS 2.0 TSI I had before the seat had presumably the same engine and used the 507 00 / 504 00 oil! I still have the 1 Litre bottle (the first I linked to) that came with it (the dealer provided for topups). Hence why I didn't read the manual properly.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the best way is to get in touch with the VW plant in Germany to see what is put in the cars when made.
Once the 1st oil and filter change is done then it's down to the dealer what grade they use.
With the uncertainty from dealers for top ups it might be a good idea as it's not good to mix different grades.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think this is to do with the LongLife version of the oil.

Seems the Audi EDGE bottle I have is rated to LongLife 3 and has specs 504 00 and 507 00
The SEAT manual states 508 00 for a full change which is labelled LongLife 4 on the bottles on amazon
Perhaps the dealers need to confirm the Longlife versioning of the oil as well as the VW spec, and XWXX viscosity!

It does seem baffling! I reckon if you ring VW and ask their advice on the Tiguan All Space 190TSI they might still say LL3 as it's been out longer than the Tarraco, even though it's the same engine!

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I do think this is the norm now Crumpet with 0w-20 and TBO I'm not a fan and it's to get the mpg and emissions figures up.
But if that is the grade of oil then I will use.
I'm travelling to Italy in the summer so will need a top up just in case

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TBO this will be s good thread as I loved a good debate about oils.
I was used to o this on the Honda forums.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i would of thought all Tarraco's come with longer service 0-20w oil, as they change the service interval to suit your driving demand.

if you look on the Castrol website , and use the Ateca (Tarraco isnt on the list) they list both oils,

1 Year service interval

Castrol EDGE 5W-30 LL with Fluid TITANIUM is the natural choice for drivers who demand maximum engine performance from today's modern vehicles requiring a high level of protection and higher performance oils. Normal: Change 15000 km/ 12 months

Alternative oil

2 Year interval

EDGE 0W-20 LL IV,
Extended drain (max): Change 30000 km/ 24 months

https://applications.castrol.com/oilselector/en_gb/c/recommendation?_ga=2.237870471.64108565.1577441808-1194971233.1577441808&vehicleType=cars&manufacturer=seat&model=ateca-kh7-(2016-)&modelType=ateca-2-0-tsi-4drive-pf-(201:cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.