Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange one, the Oil Pressure Warning has come up twice randomly in the last couple of weeks (SE Tech 1.5TSI Evo Manual).

I stopped immediately as advised, checked oil levels, both times they were at the very top and when I restarted the car the warning was gone. I checked oil levels again when at home, same, top level, colour is good and the car performance is unaffected.

The car was serviced July 2020 with 9600 miles on the clock and it is currently at 11300 so minimal use.

Brief googling indicates faulty oil pressure sensor or faulty oil pressure switch and if not these two then clogged oil filter, oil sump debris or oil pump on the go but the latter 3 in a car with 11K miles only and 2K miles since the last service?

I have booked it in with the stealers for a check but want to know if anyone has had this before so as to have ammo (i.e. knowledge) before I have to deal with the "experts".

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mines been ok so far fingers crossed.
If it's intermittent then sounds like the oil is not circulating properly somewhere in the engine causing the sensor to pick it up.
Is your coolent level ok as on my old car it had an air lock and caused all kinds of sensors to play up.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sparky13 said:
Mines been ok so far fingers crossed.
If it's intermittent then sounds like the oil is not circulating properly somewhere in the engine causing the sensor to pick it up.
Is your coolent level ok as on my old car it had an air lock and caused all kinds of sensors to play up.
Coolant level more than OK, I am going to do a long run tomorrow and check oil levels after that, maybe when really hot the level drops further and needs topping up.

I also checked the receipt from the last service and they used 5W 30 oil, I was under the impression the ACT engines required 0W 20?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After two days of "diagnostics" at the stealers, assurances everything is sorted, oil pressure warning again!

You can't make it up...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3 days of "diagnostics" later, change of oil and filter, long term test drive (i.e. someone was commuting with my car for 3 days) and again they say all is good, picking it up today.

They also identified one of the noisiest rattles as a failed passenger side vent that will be replaced, they will also stiffen (whatever that means) the mounts of the front console when they do that as there are rattles coming from the front and the right hand side (loud enough for them to also notice).

They couldn't replicate the random wipers issue (what's new) so stuck with this one it seems.

We'll see how it all goes, I am not optimistic...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.