Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oil service indicator has flagged up that the oil service is due in 14 days. The 2 local (ish) dealerships are closed for all but the most essential work due to the Covid situation.

The Seat website is less than helpful on how missing a service can affect warranty. Has anyone found any information online? I know some manufactures are extending the window of time for servicing to keep warranties intact.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Resolved!

It transpires that I'm not due an oil service.

The warning came up on time, not mileage. .... but the car was registered in Oct 2019, so that doesn't add up.

Turns out that the car was probably built April/May 2019, and on the PDI the clock for the service was not reset.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can just reset it yourself

Mine had the same issue as it was built earlier but not reset when I purchased the vehicle

Dealership will reset it again on the first service anyway

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mcsimmo said:
Resolved!

It transpires that I'm not due an oil service.

The warning came up on time, not mileage. .... but the car was registered in Oct 2019, so that doesn't add up.

Turns out that the car was probably built April/May 2019, and on the PDI the clock for the service was not reset.
Had the same. Bought a car in June last year but collected on July 1st fore registration reasons. Got service alert last Jan/Feb which was likely manufacture anniversary. After quick email to dealers got green light to reset at home without visit.
It's only indicator to the owner to book a service...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a great video Msurty.

As soon as the rain stops I'll be straight out and doing it.

The dealer said its no biggie to wait as long as I can put up with the inconvenience of the warning flashing up all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.