Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
This really annoys me.
Is there any way (via system) to turn off the sound signal which rings when I open driver's door on running engine?
In my previous car where was only info on the display and sound only when parking break was not applied and gearbox wasn't on P.
On tarraco even when the handbrake is applied and gearbox on P this annoying alarm sounds.

Registered
Hi All,

I'd like to bump this please? I have small kids and if we're on a drive and I have to get out of the car (to refuel or something) the alarm goes and wakes every one up and makes me cry 馃槄

Has anyone attempted to resolve?

Registered
The warning is for safety.... The modern world of the 'Nanny Culture'.

It cannot be switched off by the Tarraco's menu system. Will have be coded out by ODB11/VCDS/Carista.

Forum member t_v seems to be our resident forum coding expert, maybe he can find the coding to turn it off?

Registered
I found this coding and although it doesn't work for engine on, at least you can leave the ignition on (but not engine running) and open the driver door.

Unit 17
Adaption
Find in the menu: Ignition active message; actuator
Change to "No display"

Registered
This is one further down my list (as it is a simple annoyance) so untested (or syntax confirmed) but as I remember what it was like having 3 kids under 5 in the car I dug it out :):

Deactivate Beep When door is open with the Ignition On

Dash Board (module 17)
Adaptation
Name: On active exit message:
Options:
- No indication
- Driver's door
- All doors

Registered
Shades799 said:
Thanks t_v! Much appreciated, I'll give it a go!
Can you confirm the actual syntax for the Tarraco while you are at it (and if it works)?

I have been busy trialling vib's Direct Throttle and Audi Engine mods so can use a bit of help :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.