Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do Seat have any sort of tracking your order system. Can't seem to find anything related so I expect it'll be asking the dealer if they have any news.
Just wondering how long it might take, especially in this difficult time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not to my knowledge, I've always gone through dealer. I placed my order on 12 September 2020. My build was delayed by 6 weeks because of COVID-19 restrictions. Got a call last weekend from dealer to say it was built but it in now stuck in Wolfsburg, Germany awaiting shipping. Dealer still unable to put a time frame on shipping. Once it has shipped I am wondering whether it is worth asking dealer to hold it till 21 plates arrive. Don't fancy taking delivery of a 70 plate in the last weeks of Feb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know how long it takes from placing an order to getting an estimated build date on the system? I placed an order for a Tarraco SE Technology on the 10th December, and when asking the dealer last week he it is showing as accepted on 1st Jan, but no other detail. Is this normal or likely to be a Covid delay?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thyper said:
Not to my knowledge, I've always gone through dealer. I placed my order on 12 September 2020. My build was delayed by 6 weeks because of COVID-19 restrictions. Got a call last weekend from dealer to say it was built but it in now stuck in Wolfsburg, Germany awaiting shipping. Dealer still unable to put a time frame on shipping. Once it has shipped I am wondering whether it is worth asking dealer to hold it till 21 plates arrive. Don't fancy taking delivery of a 70 plate in the last weeks of Feb.
Thanks Thyper, I thought not, but it's always worth asking!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a confirmed build week yesterday. Build week 8, 22nd of February, so well happy now, hopefully should be here by the end of March. Dealer told me the factory was still taking Tarraco orders for April deliveries, but after that could be a problem due pandemic and semiconductor shortages, so Seat has told him.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine has finally turned up at the dealership this morning. Dealership unwilling to hold it over to a 21 plate. Quoted SEAT policy I have to take ownership in the month of delivery! Hope to get it Friday / Saturday.

Complained to SEAT UK about the delay and being a loyal brand customer (10 Years and 8 new vehicles) not that means much these days. Got Wine Hamper and a Amazon gift voucher with a apology from them for the delays.

·
Registered
22 Posts
markymate said:
Got a confirmed build week yesterday. Build week 8, 22nd of February, so well happy now, hopefully should be here by the end of March. Dealer told me the factory was still taking Tarraco orders for April deliveries, but after that could be a problem due pandemic and semiconductor shortages, so Seat has told him.
Yours may well be sharing the boat over with our Oryx White FR Sport as that's exactly the dates ive also just been given!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like they're doing a batch of Tarraco's at the same time, FR_Sport. Marine Traffic are going to get a few visits the week after the build date :D

Thyper, glad to hear you're getting your car, always a great feeling, new car day. Lets have some pictures when you can, I'm sure it'll help in the next 8/9 weeks waiting!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Will try and get some pics over the weekend and upload.

Got a bit of an insight into their build process.

They build x number of weeks for LHD and y number of weeks for RHD cars, all dependent on volume of each required. They have to suspend the live line whilst they re-tool for RHD cars. Hence the UK and other RHD countries gets them in batches.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just heard from Seat, car is built and on it's way to Emden. Happy days!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unhappy days!!!
Been told that there is a backlog at Emden and it could be 15 to 20 days before it gets a ship :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After spending 17 days at Emden, my FR Sport finally arrived in the UK on the 18th, and the dealer has now called to say they have the car.

Should pick up either Tuesday or Wednesday. And I'll have an hour less to wait when the clocks go forward tonight :D :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
markymate said:
After spending 17 days at Emden, my FR Sport finally arrived in the UK on the 18th, and the dealer has now called to say they have the car.

Should pick up either Tuesday or Wednesday. And I'll have an hour less to wait when the clocks go forward tonight :D :D
How long will that be from your order date.Mines now showing 15 weeks from order so I've still got 10weeks.
Don't forget them pics when you get it.must be one of the first merlot red ones in the UK.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ordered on the 14th of December originally for a Excellence Lux, but changed it to the FR Sport on the 5th of January. Pretty sure I just kept the original slot, so I'd say the 14th. That makes it just over 14 weeks from order to delivery.

Will certainly be posting some pictures, as you say, it might be the first Tarraco in Merlot Red.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got my first look of my Merlot red FR Sport, kindly supplied by my dealer. Very happy with the choice now, form what I can see of it. Hopefully get to see all of it in the flesh on Wednesday

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers Learoy, it does look pretty good. The mirror covers look better than they did on the configurator, but still going to swap them over. Be interesting to see what you think.

·
Registered
130 Posts
markymate said:
Cheers Learoy, it does look pretty good. The mirror covers look better than they did on the configurator, but still going to swap them over. Be interesting to see what you think.
Definitely looks like the red I was hoping it would.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts