Seat Tarraco Forum banner
301 - 320 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I ordered the Tarraco with my company, I had the choice of a Sportage Hybrid. But a year ago, the 265hp version did not exist. Today it is and it can be delivered very quickly. I've been waiting for a year now, with no news. I may change my model. I'll give myself another month
Found this terrible news and forwarded it to the dealer. He got back to me saying that the only plant shutdown he is aware of is the one in Zwickau (EV's)...

However, he is suggesting me to remove panoramic roof and top view camera from my order, as they require components made in Ukraine of which "a reasonable availability cannot be guaranteed anymore".

After almost one year of wait... I should change my order? No way.

Btw, I'm still wondering whether SEAT would really be producing my car, even if they had the technical possibility, given that I locked in a very low price tag one year ago, also counting on State incentives that have not yet been renewed for 2022 so far (and that SEAT should be covering). Guess they could just kick the can down the road a bit more and wait for me to cancel my order: the € 3k penalty they owe me in this case would be probably far lower than the margin upside in selling the same car at current market conditions.

I think I'm sticking to my original full-optional low-price order, while of course looking around for alternatives -- though the market is a mess in this particular moment.

S

·
Registered
16 Posts
Even worse news I’m afraid, wall street journal on Tuesday reported that the factory in Ukraine producing wiring and wiring looms for VW group cars and they’ve suspended production in Dresden and Zwickau, Wolfsburg plant reducing production next week and closing the week after but “VW are working on alternative solutions”.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve been told mine arrived in the U.K. on 22/02 and is awaiting transporter to the dealer. Fingers crossed it makes it there in the next week or so! 2.0 TDi DSG FR Sport in Merlot. Can’t wait 😝
Can I just ask Doddy, did you have any extra's on your order? I ordered same spec with tow bar and pano roof at end of November. Not yet got a build week but was originally quoted as July 31st for delivery to dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wonder now, if Seat has not completely stopped the production of the Tarraco Hybrid for months already. I see around me, that nobody has received their hybrid model for almost 8 months. The problem is the total lack of communication about it. I placed my order more than a year ago... ZERO information ... ZERO !

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wonder now, if Seat has not completely stopped the production of the Tarraco Hybrid for months already. I see around me, that nobody has received their hybrid model for almost 8 months. The problem is the total lack of communication about it. I placed my order more than a year ago... ZERO information ... ZERO !
Dealers in Europe were obliged not to give ANY information to customers and also they are not receiving any extra information from importer. Also importers are deaf for any questions. Absolutely nightmare. Arrogance of VW Group is horrible. They do not know what to do. Clear info should be: we completely do not have any idea about the production.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else having problems with an FR or Excellence missing it's build date due to a Virtual Pedal?

Both myself and a friend ordered Tarracos last year in early Summer, mine's a 2.0TSI 4x4 FR and theirs a 1.5TDI Excelence. Both were FINALLY given build dates of week 8 ie end of feb... great we thought....

had a call from the dealer a few weeks ago to say that our cars have been further delayed, eta September now. the reason given was that the sensor for the virtual pedal was sourced from Russia and they need to find a new supplier. Dealer has asked for either
1) Build car without virtual pedal, i mean neither of us care about that gimmicky feature
2) We source the sensor ourselves from Spares stock and either ship to factory or have it fitted at dealer after delivery.

SEAT have refused on both counts which leads me to suspect either
1) The virtual pedal thing is just an excuse and the delay is a completely different reason it's just convenient for them to blame Russia/Ukraine
2) SEAT are completely inflexible and refuse to adapt to the current global situation

Both of our cars are motability orders and the Taracco has now been removed from the scheme so we don't even have an option to cancel and re-order and SETech (which the dealer tells us are being produced)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I decided 18.03. to order new Mazda CX60 hybrid plug in. Promised delivery end of October.
2.5 l, 327HP hybrid. I am now in love.
VW now can bankrupt for me. Their customer care and contact with Dealer is a joke.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have just received news from the dealer. "delay, no deadline announced." the last date was for the end of March. It's been over a year now. I really think Seat has completely stopped production of the Tarraco Hybrid. This is becoming absolutely unacceptable. I wonder if such an action from Seat is legal? Ok I understand that there are supply problems, but I have the impression that there will be no delivery of the car, ever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@GregIsBack I fully agree, I asked my leasing agency yesterday to cancel my order. I've ordered mine (PHEV as well) in June last year but get zero information from the dealer. I have escalated this and the rumor of production stop to the leasing company. Not sure if they will do anything with it... but if I hear something I will post on this forum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, update on my order, which I now have formally requested to to be cancelled.
Delivery date of the PHEV Tarraco ordered in June 2021 has been pushed to December 2022...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi ! Indeed, I think this means that the production of this model is definitely stopped. And of course, no honesty from Seat. I also think that we can say that it is a theft organized on a European scale. I paid 9000€ as a deposit...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks Dmoe for posting. Sad to see another fellow PHEV buyer giving up.

Yes I would be curious to know when was the last time they produced a PHEV Tarraco.

My personal point in holding on to my order is very simple: Where can I find a PHEV SUV of similar size / characteristics that costs somewhere even close to the Tarraco?

Kia Sorento, Hyundai Santa Fe, Toyota RAV4, Mazda CX-60, to name a few... they all cost 10 to 20 k€ more than the Tarraco.

Would be great to hear any suggestion from you guys.

Thank you

Ps: guess recent news is not helping PHEV production in VW group...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ahahah, no the point is that
  1. I live in a big town where they are progressively forbidding polluting cars -- my current 2009 S-Max for instance is expected to be banned starting Oct this year, and they are planning to have only PHEV / BEV accessing downtown by 2030.
  2. I need a car for my wife's daily commuting as well as for family holidays / trips (2 kids).
  3. I'm a lucky owner of an electrified garage.
So summing altogether, a large PHEV SUV looked like a good idea in my case.

Ps: I'm visiting a Mazda dealer tomorrow, to have a quote on a CX-60. Guess it's going to be ~10 k€ more than the Tarraco. But the fact that I cannot see the car (dealers are telling me they are going to receive them in the Summer) makes me nervous. How can one order a car that he hasn't seen at all? How was your experience on this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks Dmoe for posting. Sad to see another fellow PHEV buyer giving up.

Yes I would be curious to know when was the last time they produced a PHEV Tarraco.

My personal point in holding on to my order is very simple: Where can I find a PHEV SUV of similar size / characteristics that costs somewhere even close to the Tarraco?

Kia Sorento, Hyundai Santa Fe, Toyota RAV4, Mazda CX-60, to name a few... they all cost 10 to 20 k€ more than the Tarraco.

Would be great to hear any suggestion from you guys.

Thank you

Ps: guess recent news is not helping PHEV production in VW group...
Hi vastughia,

I have searched a lot, I still haven't found an equivalent. At my work, the new SUVs ordered are now Kia Sportages. The Sportage is very good, all options, but much smaller than the Tarraco.
We are about to cancel 3 Tarraco Hybrid orders, the problem is that ordering a new car, will make us wait another 6 to 10 months...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ahahah, no the point is that
  1. I live in a big town where they are progressively forbidding polluting cars -- my current 2009 S-Max for instance is expected to be banned starting Oct this year, and they are planning to have only PHEV / BEV accessing downtown by 2030.
  2. I need a car for my wife's daily commuting as well as for family holidays / trips (2 kids).
  3. I'm a lucky owner of an electrified garage.
So summing altogether, a large PHEV SUV looked like a good idea in my case.

Ps: I'm visiting a Mazda dealer tomorrow, to have a quote on a CX-60. Guess it's going to be ~10 k€ more than the Tarraco. But the fact that I cannot see the car (dealers are telling me they are going to receive them in the Summer) makes me nervous. How can one order a car that he hasn't seen at all? How was your experience on this?
I have ordered my CX-60 not seeing it. I have good experience with second CX5 , with 2.5 l petrol engine. I am driving Mazda for 6 years.
CX60 will have the same engine plus electric one. 320HP monster. It is 20 cm longer than CX5 which is absolutely comfortable.
It is better to order a car form brochure and get it within 6 month, than order a well know car after test drive and wait for it 12 month without any hope to get it.

301 - 320 of 359 Posts