Seat Tarraco Forum banner
321 - 340 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just noticed today that it has become even impossible to configure a PHEV Tarraco on the SEAT Italian web site. The e-Hybrid option has just… vanished.
Yes, apparently only in France and Spain is it still possible to configure it as a hybrid. When I search on Google, there is no information about the non-manufacturing of this model. It seems that Seat doesn't know how to announce that this model will not be produced anymore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
UK - Has anyone that ordered end of 2021 had a built week allocated yet?

Update from lease company this week is expected time of delivery to dealer put back until 2nd September (was 30th July).
Still no build week allocated.

Ordered Nov 26th 2021 - FR Sport 2.0 Merlot Red with Towbar and Pano.

·
Registered
1 Posts
UK - Has anyone that ordered end of 2021 had a built week allocated yet?

Update from lease company this week is expected time of delivery to dealer put back until 2nd September (was 30th July).
Still no build week allocated.

Ordered Nov 26th 2021 - FR Sport 2.0 Merlot Red with Towbar and Pano.
I've had a 2.0TDI 200 XLux (no options) on order with the lease company since the end of July 21. Original est. delivery date was 1st week of Dec 21.

Around the end of Oct 21 the order gets accepted by SEAT. 1st week in Nov 21 got told there is an unconfirmed build slot, delivery now end of April 22. That build slot must vanish pretty quickly as the update 2 weeks later was then back to just order accepted stage.

Been pushed back a couple of times since then but last week I got an update that there was an unconfirmed build date again. Now expecting delivery end of June 22.

Won't hold my breath until it's on the production line to be honest.

I hope you don't have to wait 12 months plus as well but that is the situation I'm in (and a few others judging by the comments)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had a 2.0TDI 200 XLux (no options) on order with the lease company since the end of July 21. Original est. delivery date was 1st week of Dec 21.

Around the end of Oct 21 the order gets accepted by SEAT. 1st week in Nov 21 got told there is an unconfirmed build slot, delivery now end of April 22. That build slot must vanish pretty quickly as the update 2 weeks later was then back to just order accepted stage.

Been pushed back a couple of times since then but last week I got an update that there was an unconfirmed build date again. Now expecting delivery end of June 22.

Won't hold my breath until it's on the production line to be honest.

I hope you don't have to wait 12 months plus as well but that is the situation I'm in (and a few others judging by the comments)
Thanks for the update. Have to say I thought I had plenty of time having extended my current lease for an extra six months. That takes me to the 12 months from order.
Starting to think I'm going to be cutting it fine now. I think the communication from SEAT is pretty poor all round. Fingers crossed your date stays.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like it could be pot luck from previous posts as to what spec they make and when.
I fear come the end of November I'll be still waiting.
Disappointed as wanted to order end of July last year and the lease company I usually use said don't worry there will be no delay.
Price went up by almost 100 pounds a month for my spec between then and order in November. With a different lease company!

Only plus side the price per month has now gone up by almost 200 pounds a month since I ordered.

·
Registered
445 Posts
My Cupra Born is said by the dealer last week to be Mid May production and mid June delivery. Believe when I see it. My friend has a Porsche Macan on order which was meant to be May Delivery.... Postponed until further notice. They said the looms they use are manufactured in the Ukraine.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My Cupra Born is said by the dealer last week to be Mid May production and mid June delivery. Believe when I see it. My friend has a Porsche Macan on order which was meant to be May Delivery.... Postponed until further notice. They said the looms they use are manufactured in the Ukraine.
I assume this is your runaround as it is significantly smaller than the Tarraco.

I was looking at the Formentor for the wife (really...) but delays are dreadful so she will have to live with her Focus for another year it seems.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I assume this is your runaround as it is significantly smaller than the Tarraco.

I was looking at the Formentor for the wife (really...) but delays are dreadful so she will have to live with her Focus for another year it seems.
HAHA, yes! The Born is for the Mrs, to replace her Mini.

·
Registered
22 Posts
News just in today: build week 23, expected delivery end of June for my e-Hybrid Xcellence ordered beginning of May 21. Guess they will be announcing the face lift the day after :LOL:
My Tarraco Xcellence Hybrid was ordered on 1 April 2021. Hopefully soon I will have a date too! A friend ordered a Peugeot 308 hybrid, 18 months waiting ... I don't see many new models on the street, the problem is really general, that's the only thing that reassures me. Keep us posted Vastunghia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, after working with the leasing company to see if I could cancel the order for my Tarraco PHEV free of charge, today the leasing agency received the below letter from Seat/Cupra Flees sales manager. In summary, the PHEV is no longer being produced.

"We have received the news from our factory that the TARRACO PHEV currently on order
are no longer being produced.
Today we are starting a major information round with our dealers and they will be informed about which customers it concerns.
customers involved.
Please find attached the official letter from our factory and the letter by which our customers, always through the dealer, will be informed.
dealer, will be informed.
In a nutshell, here is the information :
All TARRACO PHEV orders are cancelled
It is a case of force majeure, article 3.3 of our terms and conditions of sale provides that the sale
sale will be cancelled in the event of production being halted.
Consequently, no compensation will be provided.
However, a significant bonus is given on replacement orders
A bonus of 2,500€ VATi on today's price will be provided for all orders that are
converted to TARRACO petrol or diesel
A bonus of 1750€ VATi on today's price is provided for all orders which are converted to any other model within
converted to any other model within our SEAT and CUPRA brands (even if for another driver).
other driver)
The customer's VAT number must be the same for the replacement order.
Deadline of this operation = 10/06/2022 the replacement order has to be processed in our system.
processed.
As we do not have a clear view on which customers have ordered these cars via your leasing company, we would like to send you this letter.
we are pleased to send you this letter as a notification.''

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all, after working with the leasing company to see if I could cancel the order for my Tarraco PHEV free of charge, today the leasing agency received the below letter from Seat/Cupra Flees sales manager. In summary, the PHEV is no longer being produced.

"We have received the news from our factory that the TARRACO PHEV currently on order
are no longer being produced.
Today we are starting a major information round with our dealers and they will be informed about which customers it concerns.
customers involved.
Please find attached the official letter from our factory and the letter by which our customers, always through the dealer, will be informed.
dealer, will be informed.
In a nutshell, here is the information :
All TARRACO PHEV orders are cancelled
It is a case of force majeure, article 3.3 of our terms and conditions of sale provides that the sale
sale will be cancelled in the event of production being halted.
Consequently, no compensation will be provided.
However, a significant bonus is given on replacement orders
A bonus of 2,500€ VATi on today's price will be provided for all orders that are
converted to TARRACO petrol or diesel
A bonus of 1750€ VATi on today's price is provided for all orders which are converted to any other model within
converted to any other model within our SEAT and CUPRA brands (even if for another driver).
other driver)
The customer's VAT number must be the same for the replacement order.
Deadline of this operation = 10/06/2022 the replacement order has to be processed in our system.
processed.
As we do not have a clear view on which customers have ordered these cars via your leasing company, we would like to send you this letter.
we are pleased to send you this letter as a notification.''
Hello @Dmoe. Thanks for your feedback. It's obviously something I've suspected for a long time and it seems logical. Very few orders for Tarraco Hybrids in Europe.
When did you order your Tarraco?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, so this is it.

Asked my dealer, he just confirmed that my Tarraco PHEV has build week 26. He also has no evidence of the above. Is it ever possible that
  1. they finally planned build week for my Tarraco PHEV a few days ago
  2. actually they decided to stop production and new they are informing dealers / clients
  3. my dealer has no clue?
Guess I should not be surprised here, but Jeez...

Only hope for me is that the car was already built and just lacked a few electronic components, that they are planning to mount on build 26...

Will post new info as soon as available

321 - 340 of 359 Posts