Seat Tarraco Forum banner
361 - 380 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
Tarraco FR 2.0 TDI
4 Posts
So last news in is that bw is, once again, unknown.

Dealer says this is true for half of their active orders, not only Tarracos, and that this should be related to the shift of models from 2022 to 2023… Not really clear to me what this means tbh.

They say they hope this is just temporary and bw will be confirmed in June after all schedules go back online.

Am I the only one?

(PHEV Xcellence ordered in May 21)
The same situation. My Dealer can not provide any information about delivery date. For the past 3 months 0 Tarraco was delivered to Estonia
2,0 TDI FR ordered in September 21

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you Garry!

More in particular, I would like to know if more people had a bw of June being estimated as of a few weeks ago and now have no bw at all, like me.

Thx
Hi,

ordered April 1st 2021, announced delivery on June, but still not exact date. That’s what is worried me … it’s a nightmare.
I saw 2 brand new Tarraco phev near from my home, when i saw it, i had a (very) little hope. Keep you in touch if I can have some informations.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just been able to get in touch with my dealer, still no build week reported by their internal system.

However he says that gasoline models have got an expected build week now, so this seems to be an issue specifically for PHEV versions at this point.

He also confirms that SEAT Italia is not accepting any more orders for PHEV versions -- but that this should be temporary. And that there is no news pointing into the direction of definitive shutdown for PHEV production.

On May 5, build was estimated at week 23 -- that is, current week. I thought I saw some light at the end of the tunnel back then, but apparently I'm back in the dark.

Any news from folks expecting for their PHEV model to be delivered / built in June?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just been able to get in touch with my dealer, still no build week reported by their internal system.

However he says that gasoline models have got an expected build week now, so this seems to be an issue specifically for PHEV versions at this point.

He also confirms that SEAT Italia is not accepting any more orders for PHEV versions -- but that this should be temporary. And that there is no news pointing into the direction of definitive shutdown for PHEV production.

On May 5, build was estimated at week 23 -- that is, current week. I thought I saw some light at the end of the tunnel back then, but apparently I'm back in the dark.

Any news from folks expecting for their PHEV model to be delivered / built in June?
Spoke with my dealer last week. No news, but they expect to receive the actual orders this year.

A guy with information directly from the factory wrote this in the Tiguan Forum last month:
“No hybrids coming through at the moment as a major change in the cabling has to be done. There is also a major recall on all those out there that involves a 12hour workshop fix.”

·
Registered
29 Posts
A guy with information directly from the factory wrote this in the Tiguan Forum last month:
“No hybrids coming through at the moment as a major change in the cabling has to be done. There is also a major recall on all those out there that involves a 12hour workshop fix.”
Thank you for the useful info. But are recalled cars taken back to Wolfsburg for repair?? If not, how are recalls supposed to impact the production line?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thank you for the useful info. But are recalled cars taken back to Wolfsburg for repair?? If not, how are recalls supposed to impact the production line?
I think he means that they avoid producing the PHEV until the issue is resolved at the production line (since they know they will definitely need repair time which is costly).

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, the affected cars are being fixed locally, but I guess the fix to the future cars results in a delay. A few Tiguan e-Hybrid were produced in March before the production stopped again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello @all. Last month, the leaser told me that I would receive my order in June and since then I have not heard anything. I have lost all hope 😆
I am exactly in your position. Looks like PHEV production is on hold. Did you try to contact your dealer?

Ps: they are also preparing to switch to the new MY23 apparently, and the Xcellence version could be replaced by the new Xperience... see here: Nuevo Seat Tarraco 2023: ¡te presentamos en exclusiva la nueva versión Xperience! This may be another reason why they are not producing our Xcellence cars? Heaven knows. Anyway... it's going to be another pain in the neck when they finally switch to the new line.

Lost any hope to get my car by August, when I really need it bad. Asked my dealer to provide me with an alternative solution at least for Summer holidays... little hope there as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[
I am exactly in your position. Looks like PHEV production is on hold. Did you try to contact your dealer?

Ps: they are also preparing to switch to the new MY23 apparently, and the Xcellence version could be replaced by the new Xperience... see here: Nuevo Seat Tarraco 2023: ¡te presentamos en exclusiva la nueva versión Xperience! This may be another reason why they are not producing our Xcellence cars? Heaven knows. Anyway... it's going to be another pain in the neck when they finally switch to the new line.

Lost any hope to get my car by August, when I really need it bad. Asked my dealer to provide me with an alternative solution at least for Summer holidays... little hope there as well.
A guy in the Tiguan forum have received an update from the factory regarding his Tiguan eHybrid, so it looks like they might have restarted the production of hybrids….but if it includes Tarracos I don’t know….I cross my fingers.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Here we are in the same situation. The problem is that I can only discuss with the leaser. But as you explained, there is a good chance that the cars are built but waiting for sumiconductor parts. I've just had a child, and I really wish I had a bigger car to go on holiday in (currently I have an Ateca, so it should be fine anyway).
I'll try and get back on track and keep you in touch.

361 - 380 of 388 Posts